• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Another Trout slump

Last three games (including first at bat tonight): 0-8, 3 Ks.

Since July 21 (17 games, not counting tonight): .227/.329/.379 with 2 HR, 22 Ks in 76 PA.

WTF, Mike. Get your shyt together - you're looking like David Freese out there.

in the last 11 games, Freese is 12-38 (.316) with an ops of .791

Please don't insult him by comparing him to Trout

Edited by Lou

I know these are vent threads and I know I've got alcohol in me, but these threads put me on full blast tilt. He's allowed to slump. He's allowed to go through cold streaks. It happens to every single baseball player in the history of the game. I find these type of threads so ****ing stupid. When he gets hot again, nobody is going to remember this cold streak.

Having a .700 OPS in the past 18 games starts to go beyond just being a slump. Something is going on, and no it's not the new contract. Trout is NOT wired that way.

You're wrong. Slumps happen and they can last weeks. Don't read into it like you like to do, where you blame it on an injury that isn't there, or some sort of moral issue, or not having protection in the line up. It's a slump.

You're wrong. Slumps happen and they can last weeks. Don't read into it like you like to do, where you blame it on an injury that isn't there, or some sort of moral issue, or not having protection in the line up. It's a slump.

This is where I actually agree with you. I recall reading that Joe DiMaggio was in one of the worst slumps of his life right before the 56-game hitting streak. There are many other examples of great players who disappear for a time, then come roaring back for a month or two. A great September/October from Trout will erase any memories of this frustrating stretch.

Of course, if he fizzles out for the remainder of the season, then we've got a problem. But let's all be more patient here.

Having a .700 OPS in the past 18 games starts to go beyond just being a slump. Something is going on, and no it's not the new contract. Trout is NOT wired that way.

AO, I'm going to have to agree with Stradling here. If we were talking 40 games, I'd be far more concerned, but even in the midst of this slump Trout had a few multi-hit games.

I suppose my larger concern is that I prefer the higher average, base-stealing version of Trout that we saw in 2012-13. The 2014 version, who hits more home runs (but only a few) has a lower average, reduced walks, and far fewer stolen bases. I'm worried that Trout is sacrificing too much for too little gain. I'd rather see him focus more on getting on base however he can, doing what damage he can while on base, than always trying to yard.

The simple fact of the matter is that Trout was a better player in 2012-13 than he is in 2014. It isn't by much, but it is noticeable.

Edited by Angelsjunky

This is where I actually agree with you. I recall reading that Joe DiMaggio was in one of the worst slumps of his life right before the 56-game hitting streak. There are many other examples of great players who disappear for a time, then come roaring back for a month or two. A great September/October from Trout will erase any memories of this frustrating stretch.

Of course, if he fizzles out for the remainder of the season, then we've got a problem. But let's all be more patient here.

And I do remember you taking about Ted Williams' 3 month slumber one year back in his hey day.

It is shocking when it happens to someone like Trout who has been so good for 2 2/3 seasons.

But it isn't anything like that Williams slumber.

It's all Pujols and Hamilton fault.

Last three games (including first at bat tonight): 0-8, 3 Ks.

Since July 21 (17 games, not counting tonight): .227/.329/.379 with 2 HR, 22 Ks in 76 PA.

WTF, Mike. Get your shyt together - you're looking like David Freese out there.