• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Your move, Congress

It's a nice gesture, but consider this. Everything Obama makes, goes straight into a bank account that he doesn't have access to until he's not president anymore. He's not even allowed to have credit cards or anything. Everything the president does is paid for by the government.

Obama is worth millions and he stands to earn many millions more after he leaves the White House.  So $20K is pocket change.

I would prefer he keep the $20K and cancel some of the extra-curricular stuff that costs 100 times more.

But yeah, cool PR move Obama.  The American public are so f'n stupid they probably think you're a great guy.

Prior to Obama doing this, I'd heard a few people at work saying that Congress and the president should either "get no pay until the pass a budget" or "get no  pay until they fix the furlough."  

Again...yes, it's nothing but a PR move and it won't affect him in any way.  However, I'm surprised more members of Congress aren't doing it.

• 2 weeks later...

If I kicked you square in the nuts then slapped my own wrist would that make you feel like I was sympathetic to your plight?

good reason not to stand next to you at the next aw.com fanfest.

no offense.