• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

NCAA Loses O'Bannon Trial

From USA Today:

The NCAA had nearly $913 million in total revenue in fiscal 2013, according to the statement.

And that's for one season. I stand by my statement: The NCAA has made billions off college athletes.

Off college athletics, not athletes themselves.

Situations where guys like O'Bannon were on videogame covers or directly used is the issue.

Nobody cares who the QB is at Morehead St., just that they beat their rivals and that's what sells, not the athletes themselves.

I don't disagree when images are used.

But professional athletes sign up to be paid employees, student athletes sign up for education.

No one goes to a Michigan/Ohio St. game to tailgate all day anxiously awaiting to see an All-American long snapper.

I have no problems with student athletes being paid that have their images/rights used for profit. But simply because college sports make a lot of money shouldn't mean athletes should be paid.

I don't disagree when images are used.

But professional athletes sign up to be paid employees, student athletes sign up for education.

No one goes to a Michigan/Ohio St. game to tailgate all day anxiously awaiting to see an All-American long snapper.

I have no problems with student athletes being paid that have their images/rights used for profit. But simply because college sports make a lot of money shouldn't mean athletes should be paid.

Yeah, the using names and images are what I'm referring to.  It is what the case is about and I think it is a pretty fair demarkation of who should get paid and who shouldn't.

Or......what would 300 lbs. men being doing on a college campus if the schools had not erected programs, stadiums, hired staff, and invested a ton of money and resources into the program?

It goes both ways.

In the normal world when you are a contract employee and the company surpasses its projections do you think Suzy in HR gets more money? Steve in IT?

I don't like the NCAA, but think the idea of handing money out simply because people know how much is made in their business is pretty crazy.