• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Orange County Register: Angels GM Dipoto fishes for a starter, lands a new reliever

I've been mostly happy with what Dipoto has done with the team this year. I was happy with the acquisition of Street but worried about the lack of consistent SP. I had hoped there was something I was not seeing that he saw.

"The problem, though, is finding quality starting pitching at this time of year is, Dipoto said, “really hard.”"

“The idea that you can make the perfect acquisition for your rotation in August is not great..."

Yeah Dipoto, that's why you make acquisitions before the deadline...my respect for him that has been building this year just took a hit. The fact he didn't see this need before and is just now trying to address it when it is clearly too late is just ridiculous.

Edited by AngelsFanSince86

I've been mostly happy with what Dipoto has done with the team this year. I was happy with the acquisition of Street but worried about the lack of consistent SP. I had hoped there was something I was not seeing that he saw.

"The problem, though, is finding quality starting pitching at this time of year is, Dipoto said, “really hard.”"

“The idea that you can make the perfect acquisition for your rotation in August is not great..."

No S##t!!!!!!!! That why it should have been done a week ago! Even a guy like Colon could have helped. 

Quoting yourself. Yes Oakland traded for two aces. I'm sure people here would have gladly given up Calhoun for a couple months of Lester. Simply put we didn't have the pieces to get Smard.

Yet we had pieces for possibly the best CP in baseball this season?  :huh:

(To quote myself again  :P )

Quoting yourself. Yes Oakland traded for two aces. I'm sure people here would have gladly given up Calhoun for a couple months of Lester. Simply put we didn't have the pieces to get Smard.

wait a minute. We're supposed to give up talent to acquire a good starter?

when did this rule change?

I wonder how Dipoto feels about Williams. He is essentially free, has history with the team and seemed to be a guy that management would have liked to bring back if they had a spot and money for him. Would he be a decent August addition, in your opinion?