• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

North Carolina = Taliban West

• 2 weeks later...

If it wasn't for the lovely town of Asheville I'd say let them do it - break the whole state off and let them drift into whacko fundamentalia, and while they're at it take the rest of the Bible Belt with them. Just make sure they don't have nukes as the thought of a Evangelical nation with nuclear weapons scares the bejesus out of me. Apocalypse, here we come!

I don't hate anyone - I love the sinner (Christian) but hate the sin (Christianity).

Seriously though, I don't hate Christians or Bible believers. I don't hate any group of people, or any individual that I can think of (even Dick Cheney!). I do dislike fundamentalist thinking of any stripe, and that includes militant atheists, and I do find most iterations of organized religion to be overly--but harmlessly--simplistic at best and often a mockery of the original teachings of the religion's founder, and at worst...well, its pretty bad (see "Spanish Inquisition" or "Westboro Baptist Church" or "conversion therapy").

If it wasn't for the lovely town of Asheville I'd say let them do it - break the whole state off and let them drift into whacko fundamentalia, and while they're at it take the rest of the Bible Belt with them. Just make sure they don't have nukes as the thought of a Evangelical nation with nuclear weapons scares the bejesus out of me. Apocalypse, here we come!

"If there's one thing I hate more than prophecy, it's self-fulfilling prophecy." - Bill Maher

Yes Lifetime, I don't take much of the Bible seriously - especially the parts about killing gay people or children or raping and stoning women. The Bible condones all sorts of atrocious acts.

As for Christianity, it depends upon what you're talking about. I have huge respect for some variations of Christianity, but generally not the type you see proselytized in mega-churchs and on TV, or that informs the politics of many Republicans. But I have huge respect for Meister Eckhart, David Steindl-Rast, Matthew Fox, Thomas Merton, Teresa of Avila, Hildegard von Bingen, Pierre Teilhard de Chardin, and Jesus of Nazareth, among others.

• 3 weeks later...

Amazing that for 2000 years Christians have thrived in science and in many cases led the way.  I'm sure they will be just fine.

I might also add that this is one very small portion of science.

Nate, you have told me on a couple of occasions that we christians are oversensitive and that atheists have no plans on trying to infringe on Christian rights.  Looks like you were incorrect.

Science must be supported by fact.  That test is not science.  It is religion.

If it were science they could explain that the story of creation existed thousands of years before the old testament was written.  Most pagan religions that existed before Christianity had almost the exact same story of creation.  Including the 7 days and the rib.

Not the point nate. 

Be honest, you are absolutely not for freedom of religion.  You are only for freedom of watered down, pasty religion that doesn't challenge the status quo.  You would prefer your religious folk to keep to themselves, not rock the boat and agree whenever anyone tells them they are wrong.