• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

North Carolina = Taliban West

I admit the headline is provocative.  I love how the blogger made us look without much in the article to understand the core issue.

What is the core issue?  The prayer before sessions?

The topic of the thread was clearly a mistake.

On that note, the view that "Each state in the union is sovereign and may independently determine how that state may make laws respecting an establishment of religion", is an ignorant one. This is how the Civil War started. The Constitution governs everyone in the United States, State rights DO NOT trump Federal rights.

Which is why weed is still punishable, no matter what state you live in. Still a federal offense.

Their goal, from what I understand, is to not let the aclu or others like them sue them into not being able to have prayer before meeting.  Or have a picture of the ten commandments.  Like I said, how they are going about it is hogwash and makes them look stupid.

I think that's the goal too, and not surprisingly I disagree with it.  It seems at least somewhat ostentatious, and for me that feeling increases with this fight.  What's wrong with a private prayer for those that desire it, before the meeting begins, or even a moment of silence?  I don't much care about the posting of the ten commandments, but I understand that some people would view it as espousing one religion at the exclusion of others and it seems to be an "F you" to those other religions.  

To me it just seems petty to make this stop.  One person can make a phone call to the aclu and ruin if for thousands of people.  It's not worth fighting about and it's not worth the court's money though.

Interestingly, everyone has some kind of way of invading other's lives and trying to force them to not do stuff they don't like.

To me it just seems petty to make this stop.  One person can make a phone call to the aclu and ruin if for thousands of people.  It's not worth fighting about and it's not worth the court's money though.

Interestingly, everyone has some kind of way of invading other's lives and trying to force them to not do stuff they don't like.

Well, the flip side of that is "forcing" the prayer before meetings.  Six of one, half dozen of the other.  And, if not being able to have a public prayer before a political meeting causes some sort of ruin, perhaps you're being oversensitive as well.  Just do it before the meeting.  

Agree.  Texas public schools begin each day with a moment of silence.  All but the extreme secularists seem to be OK with this.

I'm a moderate secularist.  I just don't want religion jammed down my throat, like Obama does with his policies.

Well, the flip side of that is "forcing" the prayer before meetings.  Six of one, half dozen of the other.  And, if not being able to have a public prayer before a political meeting causes some sort of ruin, perhaps you're being oversensitive as well.  Just do it before the meeting.  

Please don't overstate my opinion.  I never suggsted ruin or anything like that.

LOL, like when they are raping women and leading the heroine trade?

Awesome

I'm not defending their actions. Just pointing out that they always use the same justification while I doubt the politicians of NC would ever use the Bible to justify their actions when they can argue an interpretation of the Constitution.