• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official Fans of Cheating Programs Complain About Other Cheating Programs Thread - Auburn Edition

Yeah it sucks if they actually should have been ineligible and got to play. That game still haunts this duck fan, but our red zone offense and play-calling near the goal line were atrocious. Sigh.

or the missed tackle by eddie pleasant 

Lol, yeah.  On a serious note, if this is true and nothing happens, USC fans will seriously go ape shit.

Definitely can't blame (only) Chizik, this is a culture of cheating, not attributed to one coach.

yes we will, but only 1 more recruiting cycle on probation 

So when do you think a conference will become so big they decide they don't need the NCAA anymore?  

Think about it.  Pac 12 network, the Texas one, I think the Big 10 has one also.  There will come a point where the $$ coming from these networks is much larger than anything the NCAA can offer.  And satisfying these networks with the best programming will become more important than following arcaic NCAA rules.  

Especially the Pac 12.  USC gets hammered, and if Miami and Auburn gets no penalty like they probably will.  What good is the NCAA?  Pac 12 already has the highest paid and most prestigious Bowl Game in it's pocket.  Hoops tourney will be a hit to the pocketbook.  But if they can offer more, and bring say the Big 10 or whatever they are called now with them.  It would literally doom the NCAA.  Because those two tv deals they have now could support an alliance.  

Mark Emmert had a news conference yesterday and IMO he totally embarrassed himself.  He is corrupt and biased.  The NCAA is a huge mess and they desperately need someone to step in and clean it up.  My guess would be Emmert resigns before the end of the year.  He is facing more and more scrutiny.

As for conferences getting too big for the NCAA, I think that is already happening.  The SEC is so powerful I would imagine that they could completely change the landscape of NCAA football if they really pushed it.  In some ways they already have.

I guarantee you that USC and in the coming months, Oregon, face tougher fines/punishment as a part of the lobbying of SEC schools.  Miami would have if not for the fact that the NCAA totally screwed up the investigation.  I would imagine that the NCAA is terrified of ever imposing major sanctions against a SEC school.  The backlash would be huge.  Why do you think nothing came of the whole Cam Newton situation in 2010?

To add to their troubles, the NCAA may step in it big time if Todd McNair's lawsuit against them is allowed to proceed.  A source I know has said that the evidence against the NCAA is overwhelming so they're (NCAA) throwing everything they can to stamp it out, get it tossed, recuse the judge, etc. 

1 more recruiting cycle on probation just means that you're only starting to see the effects of drastically reduce depth on the field. Also, your coach is a complete piece of garbage.

Lol really? The same coach that was 10-2 a yr before wins @Oregon and @ND? Please.... hey some things dont go as planned. I get that

Depth an issue of course. They will win this season. Shutting a lot of ppl up while doing it. As Bart Scott says "Cant Wait!"

Name me another player who was at fault on the football team that put USC on probation?

He's referring to Mayo and the tennis player getting gift wrapped in to the LOI.  So, 3 players getting improper benefits results in some of the harshest penalties for the football team

Yeah it sucks if they actually should have been ineligible and got to play. That game still haunts this duck fan, but our red zone offense and play-calling near the goal line were atrocious. Sigh.

I watched most of the game. Oregon could easily have won. As an alumnus of another SEC school (the one Cam Newton left), it wouldn't have hurt my feelings at all.