• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread - Angels @ Dodgers - 8/5

Chimi

I don't believe that is true, but I am too lazy to do the research. It's almost 2am out here. Unless I am crazy, I though he had been there a month or so ago. Anyways who would play 3b on our roster that would be better and maintain .251 batting average?

His highest average this year was .257, on July 9th.

Did everyone know that Freese' middle name is Richard?

yep.  his name is Dick Freese. 

btw, his ops since the break is .672 and for the season its .669. 

The team's two worst defensive players hook up for a critical semi-routine play and it goes awry.  What a surprise. 

The dogs won the game with the best pitcher on earth staring against our #6 starter. It wasn't really unexpected...

and we still should have won that game

Exactly.

Good thing is now they split against their "Unstoppable 1 and 1A" and can now tee off on Haren, who has lost his last 5 games.

The dogs won the game with the best pitcher on earth staring against our #6 starter. It wasn't really unexpected...

and we still should have won that game

I think that's the annoying part about it.  We went into that game with very little opportunity.  We were right there at the end and pissed it away. 

Never expected to last the full nine innings with Kershaw pitching.

Nevertheless, three things:

David Freese throws a baseball like a girl.

Chris Iannetta catches the baseball like a girl.

I have been sick of Juan creaking Uribe since the 2005 ALCS.

sure as shit would be nice if he were our 3bman right about now though. 

Freese & Iannetta teamed up to give the dogs 2 runs.  Why wasn't McDonald in there?

And, hitting Hamilton cleanup against the best LHP in baseball...truly remarkable lineup mgmt Scioscia.  

Pujols has hit 21HR and GIDP 20 times (2nd in MLB).  

Kudos to Santiago...he recovered from the HR and kept them in it with some grit.

That is more HR power than Lucho has shown in past minor league seasons.

And yes Jepsen contributed to the loss by allowing two hits, hopefully just a small hiccup on his part.

Did I say I'm sick and tired of Juan Uribe?   What is his career BA against the Halos?   .350? 

Edit: He's 39 for 162 lifetime vs the Halos in the regular season (a little under .250 BA).

It sure seems like he's done more damage.

Edited by Angel Oracle