• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Richards

Don

Impressive performance from Richards on the road (sort of).

I just had to listen to 20 minutes of the ESPN talking heads describe why Corey Kluber is 3rd in Cy voting ahead of Garrett.  

Not really seeing the problem.  Richards has been a dream but they've got nearly identical stats, and Kluber is coming off two consecutive complete game shutouts and 7 1/3 innings of 1 run ball.  His shutout against the M's took only 85 pitches despite 8 strikeouts.

I wouldn't have an issue with either of them being being in front of the other.  Kluber strikes out (slightly) more batters per 9 and has been better than Richards lately so it's not all that surprising to see them ranked that way.  One bad start from Kluber and you'll likely see them switch places.

The panel was unanimous that Kluber was the more deserving of the 2. I just don't agree.

As amazing as Richards has been, Kluber has been ever so slightly better in several categories. 12 more innings, 25 more Ks, 1 more CG, a .03 better ERA (hardly a difference there of course), and a better walk rate.

I'm honestly curious why you think Richards has been a better pitcher. 

I remember when a few guys on here wanted to trade Trumbo for Klueber. I was against that, because I didn't think Kleuber had enough of a history of success, but in hindsight it would have been a fantastic trade.

Question: would you rather have Kleuber, or Santiago and Skaggs?

As amazing as Richards has been, Kluber has been ever so slightly better in several categories. 12 more innings, 25 more Ks, 1 more CG, a .03 better ERA (hardly a difference there of course), and a better walk rate.

I'm honestly curious why you think Richards has been a better pitcher. 

BAA

Richards - 0.195

Kluber - 0.233

Well if I recall correctly Angelswin.com spoke to someone (Eddie Bane?) about Richards and, I am paraphrasing, said "Pitchers who command two good pitches become Major League relievers.... those that have three good pitches become Major League starters.... and those that have four good pitches are Garrett Richards." Something like that. This isn't a complete surprise to me regarding how well Richards has performed, I've strongly felt for a few years now he was capable of front-of-the-rotation work.

Congrats Garrett! Well deserved and earned!