• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

RIP Jess Marlow

Jess and his wife moved to Loveland, CO about the same time that my family and I did.  They moved here to be close to their daughter, who lived next door to my sister and her husband.  Great guy.  Great family.  RIP.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Jess-Marlow-Los-Angeles-News-Anchor-269858111.html

I just watched a segment that said Kent (After)Shockneck is retiring next month from KCAL9.  I think they said Kent holds the record for longest time in the LA market with just 36 years. 

Wouldn't guys like Jess Marlow have him beat by a long shot?

Nice pull on the Kent (After)Shockneck. I remember watching that live as a kid.

I just watched a segment that said Kent (After)Shockneck is retiring next month from KCAL9.  I think they said Kent holds the record for longest time in the LA market with just 36 years. 

Wouldn't guys like Jess Marlow have him beat by a long shot?

Marlow started off in his career in IL.  He came to KNBC in 1966 and retired from broadcasting in 1997.  So that's 31 years in LA.  Seems like there would be some other folks that would be at or above 36 years though. 

That is an easy one. Stan Chambers on KTLA from 1947-2010, retiring after 63 years.

He is credited with the first live breaking television news story in 1949 regarding an unsuccessful rescue of a girl trapped in a well. He was there for 27 hours reporting the event.

His career included reporting live an atomic bomb test, being the first reporter on the scene at the Tate/LaBianca murders and broke the Rodney King beating story.

At the end of his career KTLA would send him on stupid assignments like stand on the end of the Santa Monica pier for a tsunami watch, knowing there was no wave coming.