• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Does Greinke miss the Angels/OC?

The owners could break the players union if they really wanted too. The owners are billionaires that don't rely on the profit of their team to survive. The players are millionaires that need to play baseball in order to make their incredible living. When was the last time you heard of an owner that after he sold his team he was bankrupt a few years later? Granted Mcbankrupt and the Mets guy come to mind, but they aren't really broke. However you hear of athletes all the time that are broke shortly after their careers end. If the owners wanted real change they could force it. I myself would love a system where we don't know what each player makes. It would make this place better and less bitter.

I would like to see a salary cap. I would also like to see some type of amnesty clause in all contracts that allows a team to rid themselves of rediculasly overpaid players that cease to perform at a high level. Arte would probably jump on that amnesty bandwagon.

Edited by Hamiltown

I would like to see a salary cap. I would also like to see some type of amnesty clause in all contracts that allows a team to rid themselves of rediculasly overpaid players that cease to perform at a high level. Arte would probably jump on that amnesty bandwagon.

Neither of those things will ever happen. Especially the amnesty clause. If you don't want to worry about long term contracts then don't sign players to contracts over 5 years.

Only problem with that is it would have to work both ways. Players would be able to opt out of team friendly contracts to make it fair.

It's such bullshit that teams are the only ones bound by these 1 way "contracts". Players can cancel contracts at will without penalty. Imagine if a team decided that they no longer wanted future investment in a player and cancelled his contract and the remaining $200,000,000 owed...

Players cannot cancel a contract at will. 

It's per diem just like any other job when you're on a business trip, it's just that it's not usually $100. It's basically tax free income. Our company just adds it to our check. I picture Puig's is put in a lanyard around his neck so he doesn't lose it.

I imagine aybar carrying around a ziplock bag full of various coins. And skaggs having a velcro wallet.

Cj wilson screwing everyone up and demanding he be paid in 4 twenties, a five, and fifteen ones

Weaver saying he only needs a twenty...

Green finally getting his hundred, but has to give it back when someone else gets it

Mcdonald keeps getting forgotten and never gets paid

Freese bumming other peoples hundred.

Etc etc