• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Thatcher to the DL, Roth optioned, Salas and Bedrosian up

All decent moves. Except now there's no lefty in the pen again. Bedrock's looked too good to be in the minors, nothing left for him there. Salas never should've been in the minors, he's pitched reasonably well enough but that's what happens when you have a deep bullpen.

Credit Roth for eating some innings and saving the Angrld pen last night. He looked good before the last inning, especially considering he was doing it on short rest.

Sosh knew Thatcher was hurt and they were going to have to call up somebody today. Also knew that Roth has options and would probably be optioned out after the game. Therefore, any argument that he was trying to save the bullpen is BS. I know the odds of coming back from a 6-3 game are very low but he treated the 8th inning like they were down 10-3 to start the inning.

Sosh knew Thatcher was hurt and they were going to have to call up somebody today. Also knew that Roth has options and would probably be optioned out after the game. Therefore, any argument that he was trying to save the bullpen is BS. I know the odds of coming back from a 6-3 game are very low but he treated the 8th inning like they were down 10-3 to start the inning.

No he treated that 8th inning like a manager who has seen how much the pen has been used since the All Star break and knows his team is still a week away from a day off.

Haters have to hate

The Angels finally have some bullpen depth (Bedrosian, Roth, and Rasmus are all luxuries we haven't had in a while) it's still the starting pitching depth I'm worried about. Nate Smith is on the DL with a broke pinky finger. Not a lot of intriguing or competent options if there's another injury. This rotation is built to withstand a lone injury, one more and we're in trouble. Hopefully Thatcher gets well soon, we need a lefty in the pen. 

No he treated that 8th inning like a manager who has seen how much the pen has been used since the All Star break and knows his team is still a week away from a day off.

To amplify on Stradling's point, the pen was used for 29 innings on a six game road trip, and you know it's likely there are still some really tough games ahead in the next week. 

I agree with Scotty that Bedrosian should be in the majors, but I'd like to see him given appearances only in low leverage situations for the rest of the year, allow him to build up the confidence to throw strikes at the major league level. He needs time but has the potential to be the "bullpen ace." Maybe not for a couple more years, but he needs to be coaxed along a bit.

Here's to Bedrock Jr's first stint up here just simply being nerves, and the 2nd one will see him being more grounded and ready to go. 

Even Donkey struggled some his first trip up here in 2002.   When he returned later on, it was smooth sailing from there.

Of course, he had some 10 years pro experience to fall back on vs. Bedrock Jr.'s 3 pro seasons.