• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2014 Fantasy Football thread

No way would I drop any of those guys but I guess it depends on league size and set up. I'm in 2 leagues (14, 10 team) and none of those guys or anyone close to them is available on the waiver wire.  Bye weeks impact everyone and if it came down to it I'd chalk week 4 up as a loss and play a man short.  This week projected points are down quite a bit in one of my leagues due to the teams on byes and a lot of rosters are impacted.  

I would do that, but our league rules you must field a complete lineup every week.  Hence my pickle

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Was offered a trade: I get Aaron Rodgers and give Jordy Nelson.

I have
QBs Russell Wilson and Kaepernick
RB's Forte, Stankey, Hillman, Vereen and P. Thomas
WR D. Thomas, Nelson, Jeffery and T. Williams
TE. Gronk

Yes or no?

The other option I have is to sit tight at QB and try to upgrade at RB #2 with my WR depth.  Incidentally, I just lost Victor Cruz to season ending surgery, otherwise I had sick depth at WR.

Edited by HaloWHAM!

Welker or Fitzgerald?

Palmer is back and targeted fitz a lot more last week vs the skins than all season.

Welker seems to be the odd man out? Seems to be the 4th option after d Thomas, j Thomas, E sanders, then Welker.

Fitz is facing oakland tho. On paper it says fitz. Just my 2 cents

Halowham you have 2 top 12 fantasy QB's so I wouldn't really be in a hurry to trade a top 3 WR for another QB even one as good as Rodgers.  How many WR's do you start in any given week because Thomas, Nelson and Jeffery are pretty much 3 must starts if they're healthy.  If anything I'd be trying to move one of your QB's, one of your WR's and/or one of your RB's not named Forte for an upgrade at RB.  If you can sell high on Hillman because who knows how that backfield plays out and he's not a big guy so there's the question of him staying healthy.

I didn't make the trade.  Just decided to be patient with Wilson and Kaep.  Trades in this league are pretty scarce so trying to get anyone to trade me a running back has been tough.  I'm the defending champ so no one is going to be looking to do me any favors.  By the way, we start 2 WR's in this league, so barring injury I will never likely start Jeffery.

Been meaning to post this up.

Business/poker guy I know created a fantasy draft site to go with the big boys (since this shit is the second coming of online poker). However, they are taking their marketing money and investing it back into the players and tournaments. It's in beta now, but live soon.

If you dudes want to join that would be cool. They offer a referral program, so when you sign up you can get your buddies onboard......standard MLM stuff, but at the ground floor and you don't have to pay anything. Just signing up gets you on board for players to play under you when it goes live.

https://beta.fantasydraft.com/play/bgibson3321

• 5 weeks later...

Forsett - NO has given up a lot of rushing TDs and Baltimore will run to eat up clock and keep Brees off the field.

Hilton - Jacksonville is just bad and I could see Hilton having a long TD. Only downside here is Indy going up early and running a lot in the second half. That said they've shown even when they're up they take shots down the field rather than just playing it safe.

I'm a Denver fan and Sanders owner but they're going against a tough D, their O-line has struggled and Sanders is coming back after getting rocked last week.

• 2 weeks later...

Need some help with my flex this week. I have the option to go with Joique Bell or Golden Tate. Tate has had a great year, but has seen his targets decrease dramatically with the return of Megatron. Bell doesn't have great numbers (and Reggie Bush is healthy) but has picked it up lately (4 TDs last two games) and the Vikings run defense is terrible. What do you guys think?

Yeah, I'd start Bell. I have him as well, but my RB is full with DeMarco and Justin Forsett. I am wondering if my best bet is to start him at the flex. I'm going aginst Peyton this week so I loaded DeMaryius and E Sanders to hedge against Peyts. I just know if I sit one, he'll go off and the other will get one target