• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2014 Fantasy Football thread

I took over a team in a 12-team, 3-player keeper league last year.  Coming back for year two and I was able to create some nice opportunities for myself but wanted secondary opinions just to make sure I'm not screwing it up.  One can keep each player for four years and the cost is a two-round escalation from where the player was originally drafted (so if you draft someone in the 6th, it will cost you a 4th moving forward).  Here are my options and my potential choices are bolded:

QB  Andy Dalton - 8th rounder;  Carson Palmer - 10th rounder

RB  LeSean McCoy - 1st rounder;  Montee Ball - 3rd rounder; Steven Ridley - 4th rounder;  Ben Tate - 7th rounder

WR Antonio Brown - 4th rounder;  Keenan Allen - 10th rounder;  Michael Crabtree - 13th rounder

TE  Jimmy Graham - 1st rounder;  Jordan Reed - 10th rounder;  Ladarius Green - 10th rounder

I will be drafting 10th out of 12.  We can only keep one player designated for each round (ie. I can only have one keeper valued at a first rounder, etc.).

Thoughts?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've decided to keep LeSean McCoy (first round, #10 pick), Montee Ball (third round, #34 pick) and Antonio Brown (4th round, 39th pick).  With my second round selection, I should have the choice between Jimmy Graham, Dez Bryant and A.J. Green, and that is the order in which I'd select them.  Pretty solid first four picks in a 12-team league.

I know that you were all waiting to hear how I added to my keepers, so since my draft was last night here it is:

QB: 

Jay Cutler - 10th round

Carson Palmer - 11th round

RB:

LeSean McCoy - 1st round

Montee Ball - 3rd round

Steven Jackson - 6th round

Andre Williams - 12th round

Ronnie Hillman - 14th round

Ronnie Turbin - 17th round

WR:

Antonio Brown - 4th round

Jordy Nelson - 2nd round

Michael Floyd - 5th round

Terrance Williams - 7th round

Kelvin Benjamin - 9th round

TE:

Zach Ertz - 13th round

Richard Rodgers - 16th round

K:

Robbie Gould - 15th round

D:

Seattle Seahawks - 8th round

*Considering dropping Turbin (as Christine Michael seems to be the better choice to backup Lynch) and pickup Grimes from Houston (as Arian Foster probably shouldn't be trusted to stay healthy).

• 2 weeks later...

I've decided to keep LeSean McCoy (first round, #10 pick), Montee Ball (third round, #34 pick) and Antonio Brown (4th round, 39th pick).  With my second round selection, I should have the choice between Jimmy Graham, Dez Bryant and A.J. Green, and that is the order in which I'd select them.  Pretty solid first four picks in a 12-team league.

Not bad, but I would have kept Kennan Allen for a tenth rounder over Brown.

Need some help guys. 12 team PPR for a high $$$ co-worker league. 1 QB/2WR/2RB/1FLX. Looking good but desperately need some depth at RB.

Pick 2 WRs to drop

WR-Colston

WR-TY Hilton

WR-Benjamin(CAR)

WR-J. Hunter(TEN)

Out-W. Welker

Pick 2 from the waiver wire for RB-

RB-Carlos Hyde(SF)

RB-Stevan Ridley(NE)

RB-Ben Tate(out 2-4 weeks)

RB-Ahmad Bradshaw(IND)

RB-Danny Woodhead(SD)

I would drop Hunter and.... I have no idea the second to drop. I would add Hyde and Woodhead since it's a PPR. Who are your current RBs though, if you need to add two of those available RBs and plan on starting them you are in serious trouble.

Who are the receivers you still have if this is the list of your potential drops?  A case could be made not to drop any of these receivers as they all have upside.  I guess I would drop Welker and Hunter.  I like Hyde, Bradshaw and Woodhead of the 5 RB's you listed.  I think Bradshaw will be the most productive back in Indi., and Wood head is pretty good in a PPR league.  Hyde is a bit of a spec pick hoping Gore gets hurt, but he is involved already.

The question of who to drop depends on your entire roster and the league set up as far as starting positions go.  If you have 2 receivers that you didn't list and can only start 2 that means the 5 listed are all on the bench and you don't need that many.  As far as the RB's I'd add Bradshaw, Tate, Hyde, Woodhead and Ridley in that order.  Bradshaw and Tate are injury concerns but when they're healthy enough to play they should get the most touches on their team.  Tate's the riskier of the two because if West or Crowell step up while he's out he will lose touches when he comes back but they didn't sign him this offseason to give him 10 touches a game.    

colt....are those receivers you listed all your receivers or some guys on the bench?  Hyde is someone you could bench for some upside later but Gore never seems to wear down. Bradshaw would be an add because Richardson is a lemon and that is all they have.  If I had to drop one it would be Hunter but he is a nice bench stash also.  Easier if I knew your roster RB's. 

• 2 weeks later...

No way would I drop any of those guys but I guess it depends on league size and set up. I'm in 2 leagues (14, 10 team) and none of those guys or anyone close to them is available on the waiver wire.  Bye weeks impact everyone and if it came down to it I'd chalk week 4 up as a loss and play a man short.  This week projected points are down quite a bit in one of my leagues due to the teams on byes and a lot of rosters are impacted.