• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I love the John Buck signing

If Green and Cowgill get healthy, we'll have a very good Sept roster....

Yep. When the rosters expand, this team is going to have some very decent depth.

Green/cowgill/navarro/cron will make for some pretty decent matchups (which sosh loves). Cowgill will probably be first in line as a pinch runner I would assume. I would prefer him in the outfield and DH hamilton, but I assume the team will prefer to have something like a cron/navarro platoon to dh. Which isnt a horrible idea. I just prefer a lockdown defense to support the pitching.

I don't see why we need anymore than 2 catchers...

Pinch hitting. Say we remove one of iannetta / conger for a better hitter. Youre still good with the other one replacing him the next inning, but if he gets hurt youre screwed.

So its not having 3 to play all 3, its just an emergency option if something goes very wrong.

If you have a yadi molina / salvador perez type, you wont pinch hit. Woth ours we probably will. The platoon has been pretty decent when viewed next to the other csrchers in the league, but all that goes away in a key at bat in a close game. Our catchers may be good compared to other catchers, but that doesnt make them necessarily good hitters.

Pinch hitting. Say we remove one of iannetta / conger for a better hitter. Youre still good with the other one replacing him the next inning, but if he gets hurt youre screwed.

So its not having 3 to play all 3, its just an emergency option if something goes very wrong.

I don't see why we need 3 catchers. 

Any game Conger starts, you want to be able to PH him. You're much more comfortable doing that with three catchers than two. And when you can have 40 players on your active roster (which we never fill), why is there any problem with that?

Agree about having a great Sept bench. If you call Navarro the DH, then a bench of Conger, Buck, Cron, Green, Jimenez, McDonald, Cowgill and Shuck is pretty damn versatile and useful.