• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

No matter what you want to say

We don't have a time tested ace

Our 3 and 4 hitters aren't that good

Our road record isn't that awesome

Skaggs is on the DL, Santiago can't win

Howie can't hit for power anymore

Somehow...this team just keeps winning.

The offense just grinds people down. I remember when the Blowsox hitters just ground our pitchers up over the years. I remember Escobar sweating bullets in Fenway. I long wished for an offense like that. While 09 was incredible, this offense is just relentless. 

The bullpen is just nuts. Intimidating. I remember when the A's manager back in 02 said something like "If your not up after 5 innings against them, its going to be very hard to win". I'm starting to get that feeling again. 

Finally, I feel like this team is a bully. In 09, while our team was great, we had softies like Fuentes. Mathis couldn't hit. Weak links in the chain. Weaver was not quite in ace form yet. 

This team has some gamers like Shoemaker, Santiago (coming around), Jepsen, Street was incredible today. 

Really enjoying this. 

1) Weaver? Duh

2) Overpaid is more like it

3) I thought it was our overall record that counts

4) Injuries happen. And isn't Santiago actually winning now? 

5) Haven't his power #'s always been inconsistent? Despite hitting around .300 every year.

Isn't winning enough? 

Right on

Edited by laagamer

1) Weaver? Duh

5) Haven't his power #'s always been inconsistent? Despite hitting around .300 every year.

Isn't winning enough? 

Did you even read the post?

I'm just hoping for an super hot September leading into the playoffs. Hopefully by then the offense will start firing on all cylinders again, Wilson/Skaggs come back healthy and our bullpen stays dominant.

I really like their schedule in September. From Sept 2 - Sept 14 they play the Astros, Twins, Rangers, and Indians(one game, make up for PPD game earlier in season). Need to come out strong vs these opponents before they start facing Seattle and Oakland at the end of the month

Seattle is starting to sink further and further out of the race as well, so who knows if they'll even be over .500 by the time they play them again. Their pitching is still a pain in the ass to deal with, though

I really like their schedule in September. From Sept 2 - Sept 14 they play the Astros, Twins, Rangers, and Indians(one game, make up for PPD game earlier in season). Need to come out strong vs these opponents before they start facing Seattle and Oakland at the end of the month

Seattle is starting to sink further and further out of the race as well, so who knows if they'll even be over .500 by the time they play them again. Their pitching is still a pain in the ass to deal with, though

Regardless of Seattle's record, they'll be looking to play spoiler vs. us -- especially after that arrow fiasco.

Hampton has a wRC+ of 127. If that isn't good which supermodel are you with? Anything less with your partner and they just are not attractive... Using the previously mentioned guidelines.

We arguably have the best offense in MLB. I believe that.

Edited by YouthofToday

1) Weaver? Duh

Isn't winning enough? 

Right on

That's a pretty epic reversal.   Good show.

at some point this season, Trout, Pujols and Hamilton are all going to hit like at MVP caliber at the same time for about 20-30 games and this team is going to go berzerker.  It's crazy that we are where we are and it doesn't even feel like it's completely come together yet. 

This is the one thing that would be amazing. But I still actually have doubts that that's going to happen. Would be great if it started on the first day of the playoffs!