• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

the division races across mlb...

ukyah

are the tightest across the board that i can remember. there isn't a single division that is anywhere close to being decided. in fact the furthest 2nd place team out is the royals at 4 back.

here's the games back of every team that is 2nd in their division:

angels, 2

toronto, 1.5

royals, 4

giants, 3.5

cardinals, 2

atlanta, 1.5

that's insane with approximately 54 games left. i can't remember off hand the last time there wasn't a runaway division winner throughout baseball. i expect somebody is going to tell me it was recently, but it doesn't seem like it.

obligatory, that's what she said.

Edited by ukyah

Of those six second placed teams I think the Jays, Braves and Cards all have a serious chance to win the division, the Angels and Giants have some chance (although both are unlikely) and the Royals are pretty damn improbable. But still, having every division so close is cool.

There is a lifetime to play yet.  So many things can go right or wrong that nothing is near certain.

that's what i'm saying. we have very little idea of who is actually going to be in the playoffs. the 2nd wildcard gives all those division leaders breathing room, but other than that it's a total toss up right now. there's no way anyone could realistically call a division lead decided.

Edited by ukyah

Of those six second placed teams I think the Jays, Braves and Cards all have a serious chance to win the division, the Angels and Giants have some chance (although both are unlikely) and the Royals are pretty damn improbable. But still, having every division so close is cool.

out of the 6 divisions, al central and nl west are pretty much decided. The way dodgers are playing, giants can't catch them

that's what i'm saying. we have very little idea of who is actually going to be in the playoffs. the 2nd wildcard gives all those division leaders breathing room, but other than that it's a total toss up right now. there's no way anyone could realistically call a division lead decided.

Or they can't call a division because no one is mathematically eliminated