• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Skaggs Pulled from the Game

Mike DiGiovanna ‏@MikeDiGiovanna 1m

Angels LHP Tyler Skaggs said MRI confirmed flexor tendon strain but no surgery required. Fully expects to pitch again this season.

Glad it wasn't anything more, but to clarify that he expects to pitch again this season isn't very reassuring.

When a quote says that it's a strain, then follows it up by "fully expects to pitch again this season", it doesn't fill me with optimism that it's just a minor strain.  I'm probably reading too much into it.  

I actually pulled my forearm really bad pitching in high school. Not sure if it was the flexor tendon, but it was not the UCL. It took a really long to heal (probably a full 30 days). I wouldn't be surprised if he was out until early September.

If that is the last pitching injury we have this season and he comes back in early September we will be perfectly fine. Not to mention he might be a little more fresh rather than piling up the innings this year. At least that is what the optimist in me thinks.