• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Waiver Wire

Well my understanding is almost every player is sent through waivers. If a team claims that player, then the team that is putting him on waivers can either pull him back, work out a trade with that club or just let that team have that player. Now if a player clears waivers then he can be traded for either another player that has cleared waivers or prospects that aren't on the 40 man roster. At least that is how I understand it.

We saw them acquire Kazmir in late August 2009.   To me, a lot of times it involves a player who has been good at one point, but has declined to where waivers can be cleared and a team pursuing said player thinks he can rediscover his former self with them.

Unfortunately, it didn't work out with Kazmir, aside from a solid September 2009 after they had already virtually taken control of the AL West.

Edited by Angel Oracle

That's what I'm thinking as well

they claimed Lee last year as well. lol

can't really understand what the Phillies are doing over there, holding on to all those old high salary guys. ...

anyways, the Dodgers have money and the players to get it done,

If the waivers are irrevocable, not sure everybody will claim Lee....he is owed a boat load of money and if the waivers are irrevocable, if the Phillies don't pull him back, you're stuck with his salary....has happened before---the Yanks and Canseco, who they didn't want, a pitcher (Randy Myers?, not sure about that) who was with the Pads (?)...I think the Blue Jays had a deal in place with the Braves for Myers but the Pads got wind of it and claimed Myes....the Jays then let him go and the Pads were stuck with a bad contract....it happens.....

Edited by DMVol

Well my understanding is almost every player is sent through waivers. If a team claims that player, then the team that is putting him on waivers can either pull him back, work out a trade with that club or just let that team have that player. Now if a player clears waivers then he can be traded for either another player that has cleared waivers or prospects that aren't on the 40 man roster. At least that is how I understand it.

I'd say this is a pretty fair assessment.

If I remember right, and to add to what Strad said.  Say a guy like Lee is put on waivers.  And the Angels are the only team to put a claim in.  The Phillies could just say F it, and tell the Angels to take him, and the Angels would be on the hook for his entire remaining salary.  I think this happened with Rios.  Although a trade was made, it was esentially a full dump.

no team will claim lee this year and amaro continued to prove his stupidity by not handing him and his contract to the dodgers last year when they claimed him. amaro is the worst gm in baseball and arguably all the major sports. the dude is so woefully over his head, and arrogant about it at the same time.