• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Stock Market: The Thread

I'm considering buying shares of an ETF: PureFunds ISE Cyber Security ETF (HACK)

I think the cyber security space will be huge but the individual names are either highly volatile or priced to perfection.

Any thoughts?

Unreal. Headlines everywhere this morning were saying they were going to crush Wall Street's estimates.

Glad I didn't buy in today.

Good call. If you would've bought a mutual fund that tracked the S&P 500 you'd be up 11% in a little less than seven months.

I'm considering buying shares of an ETF: PureFunds ISE Cyber Security ETF (HACK)

I think the cyber security space will be huge but the individual names are either highly volatile or priced to perfection.

Any thoughts?

i work in that space - never heard of an ETF specifically focused on it.

but looking at the fact sheet it's a pretty small group in there, but those are 10 decent companies.

security is white hot.

if you can handle the volatility you can do very well.

Wall St. got good news today.  The jobs report met expectations.  Labor force participation rate ticked up to 62.8% from 62.7%.  More people working, more people spending, stocks move higher.

Unfortunately for Main St. wages haven't gone up very much, only about 2.2% in the past year.

Also the landslide Conservative win in the U.K. elections is giving the market a boost, and could be providing a preview of the upcoming U.S. election cycle.

The market is soaring today on news the European Central Bank will continue on its trillion-euro money printing spree.

Isn't quantitative easing wonderful!

...and on lower unemployment claims. But we know how they play with the jobs numbers.

Edited by fan_since79

• 2 weeks later...

it will be microsoft.

with nadella at the helm they are killing it.

MS + salesforce is an absolute cloud juggernaut.

only other options really are oracle, SAP and IBM.

it was microsoft, they at least tried.

offered $55b.

salesforce turned it down (wanted $70b+)

http://venturebeat.com/2015/05/22/salesforce-stock-spikes-on-report-of-failed-55b-microsoft-acquisition/

• 2 weeks later...

Any thoughts?

yep

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Will the house of cards that is Greece ever crumble?  

It has begun. Banks are closed in Greece until July 6th and ATM withdrawals are limited to a pittance. The government is trying to hoard money so they can make their debt payment to the IMF.

Dow Jones average is down 191 and continuing to fall this morning.

A Greek exchange-traded fund is down 16%. Who in their right mind would invest in Greek stocks?

Edited by fan_since79

I understand what Greece defaulting represents to the EU but I still find it amusing that a country of ~11M that produces very little has this type of impact.  It cuts both ways because if/when a deal is announced the market will shoot back up but it's still interesting to watch it all unfold when there's a turd in the punch bowl.  

Edited by Catwhoshatinthehat