• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Stock Market: The Thread

2 hours ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Definitely still higher than it should be but it could still yoyo around.  Any of the WSB or others who took their earnings should be doing just fine but I'm sure there's more people now in the red.  I'll be curious to see if they can do something similar again.  Obviously there's talk about AMC, Blackerry, silver, etc. but it was a smaller group who coordinated their efforts while the number of users on that forum increased ~3x in a few days and is probably still going up. 

I think they will be looking for the next over shorted position.  150% short is a little ridiculous.  Now that it's back to 50%, that's a more reasonable number, and they've probably moved on.

25 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

I think they will be looking for the next over shorted position.  150% short is a little ridiculous.  Now that it's back to 50%, that's a more reasonable number, and they've probably moved on.

A 150% short is ridiculous and WSB's actions resulted in funds across the industry deleveraging their positions.  I think in the short term they'll be hard pressed to find similar positions being taken up by funds or large investors but history will repeat itself again as it has over the last few decades where funds have gotten crushed because of their levered positions. 

• 3 weeks later...

And regarding GME, the Puts are due on feb 26.  It's heavy in the $19-$60 range.  Someone better bust out the checkbook again.

*edit.  Looked again.  and there is a bunch of shorts in the $3-10 range also.  All selling for a penny.

Edited by gotbeer

16 hours ago, gotbeer said:

SEC suspends trading in 15 stocks on social media, trading activity

So what's the difference if Wall Street Bets says buy something, and your brokerage or some yahoo on TV saying to buy something?

Nameless, faceless trolls on the internet vs. a certified financial planner?

The guy on TV may or may not be a CFP but at least he has a name and a face.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
26 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

I woke up this morning to see that the Dow is down 722 points, and still falling.

They're blaming Covid, but maybe the reality of this bloated market and the printing up of trillions and trillions of dollars is starting to set in.

Lol at people still blaming Covid for everything 

Yeah, yesterday was nuts in my world. 10 year bond dropped significantly since Thursday/Friday and over the weekend. MBS is up. The perfect storm for rates to drop. Plus FHFA just got rid of the .5% Covid adverse refinance fee. Rates are getting closer to being as good, if not better than last year which was all-time lows.

What a time to be alive.

Dow up 559 points. LOL.

This feels a bit like September of 2008 again. 

I had an Energy fund that dropped one day by 16%, and the very next day jumped 16%. The market had huge daily gyrations before it finally sank. 

Day traders and hedge funds rule. The little guy gets buried.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Stocks are taking a bath today, Dow is down 600 at the moment.

Oil is up to $85 and the 10-year yield is soaring. 

Purely my own opinion, but 2022 might see the end of the multi-year drunken stock market orgy. It was fun while it lasted. Hope everyone made a lot of money. I did. 

And four rate hikes this year? Maybe more like seven. Hard times are coming, as they always eventually do.

On 1/18/2022 at 10:02 AM, fan_since79 said:

Stocks are taking a bath today, Dow is down 600 at the moment.

Oil is up to $85 and the 10-year yield is soaring. 

Purely my own opinion, but 2022 might see the end of the multi-year drunken stock market orgy. It was fun while it lasted. Hope everyone made a lot of money. I did. 

And four rate hikes this year? Maybe more like seven. Hard times are coming, as they always eventually do.

Yeah, Ive lost a decent amount last few weeks. Was about to up my contributions, but not sure if thats the way to go for awhile