• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Stock Market: The Thread

I hope Robin Hood, any brokerage firms that allowed the short sales of more stock than they had and the short sellers who took positions they couldn't realistically meet get hammered.  My guess at best there's some fines and half assed apologies.  Doesn't matter who is at the helm it's always the same, privatize gains and socialize the losses only in this instance it's reducing the losses for the big guys at the expense of retail investors.

5 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Exactly.  Sounds like they got caught with their hands in the cookie jar, still got the cookie, and got to take the entire jar home.  Meanwhile blaming the cat.

Sounds like a typical Tuesday at the st1ck household.

15 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Oh and so much for Robinhood trying to fix the market.  LOL.  Gamestop up 119 today.  Oh, and those stock option puts that they invested heavily in.  A penny.

Next up, Feb 5, where they are between a penny and a nickel. 

The fact that it's back up around its Wednesday close shows how much of a dick move it was by Robinhood to freeze buying yesterday. Especially since it dipped to around 140.

2 hours ago, st1ckboy said:

The fact that it's back up around its Wednesday close shows how much of a dick move it was by Robinhood to freeze buying yesterday. Especially since it dipped to around 140.

Robinhood is now limiting their clients to holding only 2 shares of GME at a time.

BTW, I looked at other stocks since that article mentioned that there may have been other companies.  Nobody is seeing a big sustained boost like Gamestop.  But not mentioned in the article, JC Penny and Sears saw a big bump then leveling back also.  I'm just trying to think of other in peril companies to see if it was far more wide ranging than the article suggested.

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

BTW, I looked at other stocks since that article mentioned that there may have been other companies.  Nobody is seeing a big sustained boost like Gamestop.  But not mentioned in the article, JC Penny and Sears saw a big bump then leveling back also.  I'm just trying to think of other in peril companies to see if it was far more wide ranging than the article suggested.

Cruise ship companies?

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

They were trying to get companies like Blackberry, Nokia and AMC pumped up but none of those really caught on. Also apparently Blockbuster is still somehow a traded company.