• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Stock Market: The Thread

Market is taking a nose dive today on disappointing earnings from three major companies: Caterpillar, Procter&Gamble, and Microsoft.

Dow was down 300 near the open.

A little correction here would not be a bad thing. A lot of people think this market is overvalued right now.

Edited by fan_since79

Whether it goes up or down you don't seem to like it.

Like wicked said I'll just continue to buy consistently without worrying about timing. If the shit ever really hits the fan in my lifetime I'm not going to be concerned about my retirement accounts.

As our money man says "at that point we are all ****ed anyway"

As our money man says "at that point we are all ****ed anyway"

Ha. Well you're only f*cked if you have to sell.

When I returned from backpacking around eastern europe the dow had crashed down to like 6 or 7k.

Everyone was screaming murder.

Sure if you sell right then you'd be f*cked.

And a lot of people did, because they were scared of it getting worse.

My stuff was down too, but I kept it. Then also bought as much as I could.

Worked out damn well.

POGs man, 4 lyfe.

Edited by mrwicked

Stocks plunged in the last hour today after the Fed indicated it will probably start raising interest rates soon.

They'll be taking away the punchbowl and the easy-money party will soon be (thankfully) over. They did say they'd be "patient" in timing the rate hike though, so who knows when it will happen.

Edited by fan_since79

after 9/11 the market took a big plunge and my (now ex) B-I-L took a huge hit. we think he lost a couple million. it completely changed him and his personality. he became a lot meaner just in general. my S-I-L ended up divorcing him after she discovered that he was fooling around with another woman during this time.

like mrwicked said, you just have to wait it out. we know the market is going to ebb and flow.

I thought the market was good after 9/11? I could be wrong, but because of the incident everyone started doing low rates on everything and it created a downpour of business and sales across the board.

Even the lowly Ford and Chevys of the world did well because they dropped their personal rates to under 1% "to boost the economy during our rebuilding".

I could be wrong though, I wasn't that big into market conditions back then.

Ha. Well you're only f*cked if you have to sell.

When I returned from backpacking around eastern europe the dow had crashed down to like 6 or 7k.

Everyone was screaming murder.

Sure if you sell right then you'd be f*cked.

And a lot of people did, because they were scared of it getting worse.

My stuff was down too, but I kept it. Then also bought as much as I could.

Worked out damn well.

POGs man, 4 lyfe.

I meant a complete collapse of the system, but yeah

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...