Sign in to follow this  
fan_since79

Stock Market: The Thread

Stocks continue to blow through record highs. This is crazy.

I need to wade back in, the water's just fine apparently.

I'm thinking the market is pricing in Trump's reelection. They're always six months ahead of the curve. If they thought the Dems had a fighting chance a pullback would be happening.

On 1/22/2020 at 7:33 AM, fan_since79 said:

Stocks continue to blow through record highs. This is crazy.

I need to wade back in, the water's just fine apparently.

I'm thinking the market is pricing in Trump's reelection. They're always six months ahead of the curve. If they thought the Dems had a fighting chance a pullback would be happening.

Buy low, sell high.
Buy high, sell ____ ?

China's market was down 8% last night as the Coronavirus looks to become a pandemic, yet stocks here are soaring today. The Dow is up 340 points after dropping more than 600 on Friday. If Bernie wins in Iowa tonight we might drop a thousand points tomorrow. But who the hell knows? Hold on and ride the rollercoaster.

Oil continues to drop and is getting close to going below $50. 

10 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

China's market was down 8% last night as the Coronavirus looks to become a pandemic, yet stocks here are soaring today. The Dow is up 340 points after dropping more than 600 on Friday. If Bernie wins in Iowa tonight we might drop a thousand points tomorrow. But who the hell knows? Hold on and ride the rollercoaster.

Oil continues to drop and is getting close to going below $50. 

The Sauds are going to cut production to keep the prices up

Market continues to go up, up, and up. Every single day. NASDAQ coming up soon on 10,000 and it seems like only yesterday it was stuck at 8,000. Crazy days.

Amazon, Google, and Microsoft hit record highs this morning, and Apple is not far behind. Amazon, Google, Microsoft, and Apple are trillion dollar companies.

Well, so much for a 10,000 point NASDAQ.

The rapid spread of coronavirus has spooked the markets today big time. 

I wonder if this is the start of a major correction. I know I'm not buying right now. Not gonna try to catch a falling knife.

Had lunch this week with someone whose family runs a business in China.  Initially they weren't hard hit because of the orders from other countries but the fallout from the virus is now hitting them and about 40% of their workforce currently isn't working.  Heard a similar story from someone in a completely different industry that has factories in China.  By some accounts parts of China are more or less shut down or at the very least slowed down.  When that happens to the economy that is the second largest in the world by GDP there's going to be ripple effects across the globe especially once we get through Q1 and numbers start coming in.