• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Stock Market: The Thread

The market is skyrocketing today, up 302 points now.

Investors are hoping for further "stimulus". Yellen's comments indicate she's concerned about income inequality. Since when is that part of the Fed's mission?

Fire up the printing presses once again.

i wish i had your sources in the fed.

Mark Cuban Says He’s Buying Netflix Stock, Sees Takeover

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/mark-cuban-says-buying-netflix-174101063.html

Cuban, 56, is buying a stock that is trading near its lowest level in five months after slumping more than 20 percent in two days. The shares tumbled yesterday after Netflix reported a slowdown in third-quarter suscriber growth, blaming a recent $1 price increase for new customers. Cuban told CNBC today he added 50,000 Netflix shares, though he said he wasn't sure what his total stake in the company is.

-----

NFLX closed today at $357 so we're talking about $17.85 million worth of NFLX.

The market is soaring today on.....wait....<< drum roll >>...Apple's earnings.

Doesn't take much to light a fire with all the easy money looking for someplace to go.

Conversely, it doesn't take much to incite a selloff. Hence this thread.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I know that most of the posters here are younger but as a retired angels fan, I think that folks should consider John Hancock Tax

Advantaged Dividend Income Fund (HTD). The 10 year return is 11.29% at market and 10.89% at NAV. Utilities can be boring but I

like getting the $0.12 every month plus the gain in the share price over time. CEF's are not for everyone but they seem like an option for part of your investment/retirement portfolio.

Dow is down 240 points and oil is below $51. The Euro is at a nine-year low against the dollar.

There's talk now of a deep global slowdown. Commodities are plunging because there's much less less demand for raw materials, as production is slowing everywhere. The risk of a deflationary depression has increased. The U.S. is actually doing much better than Europe or China.