• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels hopes rest on Pujols and Hamilton?

Well, I did my part, I benched Hamilton this week on my fantasy team after he looked absolutely horrible last week. He already has a HR and 2 RBI's. Expect at least 3 more HR's and 6 more RBI's by Sunday.

Please let it be so.

This is a team game, I think the Angels are just having some rotten luck so far, but their fortunes will change.  Navarro is killing the ball, just right at players.  Iannetta can't hit at all, but he did in the first half, so hopefully that changes.  Hamilton put a charge into that double last night, but Pujols couldn't score from first because he's just so darn slow.  Aybar had a rare bad night, going 0-6 and he came up in several key situations.  We knew Rasmus couldn't shut them down forever, he just happened to give up a run in a tie game in extra innings rather than a blowout.  Trout's on a mini skid right now.

Things will turn around though. Trout will get hot like he always does, Ham will hit for more power to go with his contact, Aybar will have better nights and those line drives and hard grounders off Navarro's bat will begin to fall.

You know what QM? You're absolutely right.

We've got almost everyone else on the team pressing and contributing as much as they can, then we have these 2 bozos getting paid more than everyone else and underperforming. Imagine where this team would be if these 2 jergoffs could get their freakin' heads out of their arses.

It's one of those things that we've just gotten used to watching them, but really it's unacceptable. I don't know if it's Skip's managing technique or why these two can't figure it out, but they're supposed to be the icing on the cake as far as offense goes and I just haven't seen it. And I'm pretty fed up with the team having to carry these 2 when it really should be the other way around.

If these 2 guys can start hitting .300 like they're SUPPOSED to, there's no reason we wouldn't already be in 1st place.

I can totally understand why you would say that about Hamilton Cali, but Albert? I know he isn't earning his $25 million, but he certainly hasn't been awful this year either. He's on pace to be about a 3 or a 3.5 WAR player. He's been very good defensively, at least in my eyes, and he's hit 20 home runs. Granted he is very hot and cold, but he certainly isn't the problem with this team. I would prefer he not hit into as many double plays, but even there he is on pace for about 22, which is essentially one a week. While I was looking the double play stat for Albert, I looked it up for Howie, so far he has hit into 11, or 15 in a season. We might over exaggerate his frequency of double plays.

They have both been struggling since the break and as a result the offensive numbers have taken a hit. We have managed to stay a game back of Oakland but I think if we do make the playoffs we need both of them to start hitting. Pujols now has a 797 OPS and Hamilton is at 782.

Im pretty blown away how close their OPS' are to each other. I figured pujols would be a lot higher due to his slugging

I can totally understand why you would say that about Hamilton Cali, but Albert? I know he isn't earning his $25 million, but he certainly hasn't been awful this year either. He's on pace to be about a 3 or a 3.5 WAR player. He's been very good defensively, at least in my eyes, and he's hit 20 home runs. Granted he is very hot and cold, but he certainly isn't the problem with this team. I would prefer he not hit into as many double plays, but even there he is on pace for about 22, which is essentially one a week. While I was looking the double play stat for Albert, I looked it up for Howie, so far he has hit into 11, or 15 in a season. We might over exaggerate his frequency of double plays.

Pujols has also been vey good with driving in winning runs. 3rd in the league. Pujols isn't the problem.