• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The trade many of us wanted

Last year was a nightmare. The Howie Kendrick for Zach Lee trade made it's way into mainstream media. Some reported Angels pulled the deal off the table.

Myself and others here were furious. I thought Green could at least approach HK level and an inexpensive Lee had future #3 stuff on our depleted rotation. 

Here we are in 2014 with the second best record in MLB. HK is having a good year and Lee is flat out AUWFUL in AAA.

5.18 era 1.49 WHIP

Instead we flipped Trumbo for TWO inexpensive quality SP. (A move I disliked at the time and now love)

I have killed Dipoto but he deserves tons of credit here and I deserve tons of crow. 

We need to keep an excel sheet or something with all proposed trades by members with dates and names.  This would be great to look at over time.

We do, it's generally everyone that doesn't post in these type of threads that went ape shit in earlier ones.

Zach Lee is flat out AUWFUL in AAA.

5.18 era 1.49 WHIP

To be fair... I heard on mlbnetwork radio this morning that only 3 starting pitchers in the PCL has an ERA on 3.50.

We need to keep an excel sheet or something with all proposed trades by members with dates and names. This would be great to look at over time.

Or we all need to just stop throwing stones at one another and stop keeping score. Disliking a trade doesn't make you a hater or a failo or a sad person in life, and loving everything this organization has ever done or will do doesn't make you a superfan.

Or we all need to just stop throwing stones at one another and stop keeping score. Disliking a trade doesn't make you a hater or a failo or a sad person in life, and loving everything this organization has ever done or will do doesn't make you a superfan.

There isn't one poster like that.  You guys created this mythical figure.

bullshit. Name one.

I won't do that, because I really don't have a problem with the superfans. In fact, I like their optimism.

And just to be clear, I generally consider myself a big supporter of Jerry. You would be hard pressed to find any negative comment I have ever made about the guy. I had been a big fan of Scioscia's, too, until this year (though he has restored my faith the last two months).

I just think it is absurd that some people - like you and Eric Notti - seem to get their panties in a bunch when someone posts something they disagree with.

I won't do that, because I really don't have a problem with the superfans. In fact, I like their optimism.

And just to be clear, I generally consider myself a big supporter of Jerry. You would be hard pressed to find any negative comment I have ever made about the guy. I had been a big fan of Scioscia's, too, until this year (though he has restored my faith the last two months).

I just think it is absurd that some people - like you and Eric Notti - seem to get their panties in a bunch when someone posts something they disagree with.

lol, who is the one whining about the mods?  I didn't respond to junkie's thread until he posted a similar argument to yours.  I don't really care what your take is, just don't see a conspiracy every time some folks don't care for it.

If you pretend that Skaggs and Santiago aren't on the team and the Angels have Lindsey Green and Yarbrough, the Kendrick-Lee trade makes perfect sense.  It did at the time and still would.  But since the Angels dealt Trumbo, they now have Santiago and Skaggs, which makes Lee a bit unecessary for now.  It would still be nice to have a solid pitching prospect in AAA. 

lol, who is the one whining about the mods? I didn't respond to junkie's thread until he posted a similar argument to yours. I don't really care what your take is, just don't see a conspiracy every time some folks don't care for it.

I just think this board has, as it has gotten closer to the Angels over the years, become less tolerant toward anti-team opinion, to the point of deleted posts in recent weeks. And I doubt I am the only one who feels that way.

Edited by wopphil

If you pretend that Skaggs and Santiago aren't on the team and the Angels have Lindsey Green and Yarbrough, the Kendrick-Lee trade makes perfect sense.  It did at the time and still would.  But since the Angels dealt Trumbo, they now have Santiago and Skaggs, which makes Lee a bit unecessary for now.  It would still be nice to have a solid pitching prospect in AAA. 

Yes, but my point is that Lee is now no longer a solid pitching prospect.