• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Kudos for Aybar!

Torridd

Aybar's play was mentioned and commented on in the game day thread -- it was a great play and won the game for the Halos (more so than the Freese HR, IMO).

I too thought Aybar was THE Star of the game. I was expecting to see him get a Gatoraid shower during a post game interview.

I too thought Aybar was THE Star of the game. I was expecting to see him get a Gatoraid shower during a post game interview.

he's the kind of guy who would pour the gatorade on himself.

he's the kind of guy who would pour the gatorade on himself.

He would have to sneak up on himself to do it.

I'm pretty sure he could pull it off too.

Guy has been playing out of his mind this season. I'm so glad he was rewarded with an ASG appearance.

well, call me throwback or whatever -- but when I see a guy make a heads up, hustle play -- well, that just reminds me of the way the game used to be played from start to finish.

for quite some time now, it seems like some of the players just go through the motions.......

as for being on the Detroit side of things -- nothing would irritate me more than a lackadaisical effort that Austin Jackson put forth in getting the ball back in. I mean, back in Little League, what did the coaches always yell at the outfield kids (usually the ones stuck out there because the good players were either pitching or playing infield positions) "get the ball back in quick, throw to second base if you are not sure where to throw the ball -- but get the ball back in FAST"

Apparently Austin Jackson missed that coaches' screaming session -- every little league coach screams it at least once a practice.

Aybar is one of those guys where there seems to be a massive disconnect between what many Angels fans think about him and the rest of MLB.   Being out of state and forced to watch other team's games it's pretty amazing how often he gets brought up as one of the best SS in MLB and the amount of praise he gets for always playing smart and doing things to try to goad the opposing team into a mistake.   Maddon in particular seems to gush about Aybar, the guys on the YES Network are similarly very complimentary of him and to hear Jaime Moyer talk when he does Phillies games Aybar is the best SS in the AL.

Interesting that he had to scratch and claw his way onto his first All Star team this year, which was his 9th in the league. My perception has been that non-Angel fans don't realize how good he is.