• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Good homestand

I'd say this was a GREAT homestand. I would have been happy with a 5-5 split, given the teams they were playing and how the offense was doing. Going 6-4 just shows you how good this team is. Offense having problems? Don't worry, pitching's got this.

Yup. Going 6-4 all season gives you a .600 win percentage which usually makes you the best team in baseball, record-wise. Playing .600 ball against those teams is a GREAT homestand.

This homestand had the potential, several times, to swing the other way.  Glad to see how it turned out.  It's the sign of a good team when they can win the close games like that, and when one facet of the game - offense, starting pitching, bullpen - picks up the slack when the others aren't performing.  

This homestand had the potential, several times, to swing the other way. Glad to see how it turned out. It's the sign of a good team when they can win the close games like that, and when one facet of the game - offense, starting pitching, bullpen - picks up the slack when the others aren't performing.

What's crazy is this could have swung either way. When you lose four games by a total of six runs and you win 6 games by a total of 9 runs, then it could have easily been better or worse. We had two two run losses, two one run loses and five one run wins. Man, that bullpen is earning it right now.

I'd say this was a GREAT homestand. I would have been happy with a 5-5 split, given the teams they were playing and how the offense was doing. Going 6-4 just shows you how good this team is. Offense having problems? Don't worry, pitching's got this.

And aside from the thurs night game, they really could have won every one (though to be fair, the opposite is trut as well).

What's crazy is this could have swung either way. When you lose four games by a total of six runs and you win 6 games by a total of 9 runs, then it could have easily been better or worse. We had two two run losses, two one run loses and five one run wins. Man, that bullpen is earning it right now.

Yep. Was saying a few weeks back I preferred adding a SP instead of an RP, but the thought of having a deep shutdown pen was also pretty enticing. We're seeing right now how much better street makes us. Not just for what he does in the 9th, but how it allows us to bring 8th inning type guys into the 6th and 7th....thats huge

Not trying to hijack the thread. But as much as I think we overpaid, im more happy with street here right now than having rendon, alvarez etc in the minors. I cant read the future, but for the short and near term future were beter off with the trade than without it.