• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Well, f*#k.

The two Americans infected are with a company called Samaritans Purse, which does tremendous amounts of charitable work for kids around the world. One of them is a doctor and he has arrived safely in Atlanta and was put in isolation, set up by Emory university. The second American will be here soon.

Because they are American citizens and deserve quality care. And the disease isn't as scary as some people make it or to be.

I don't give a shit if they're American, you contract a deadly and contagious disease with no known cure, standard protocol is for an immediate quarantine, not to put him on a plane and risk spread.

So why would they risk an global outbreak by putting this guy on a plane and flying him back to the US?  "Secret" serum??  lol, figures.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/04/health/experimental-ebola-serum/index.html

Lol you are hilarious man.  You should probably stop posting until you know what you are talking about.

They were put on a CDC plane specifically for quarantine and are being kept in quarantine as we speak.

The CDC knows a lot more than you do about infectious diseases.

Instead of being contained in Africa, it's now being contained in Atlanta.  Still not worth the risk.

It's moot point now.  They were cured with a "secret" serum!

Halofan85 can't be bothered with the minutia. They put him on a plane, so, duh, the disease became airborne and therefor contagious.

lol. Texhnically it is true, the virus did in fact go airborne.

As far as bringing it here (sorry foil heads its not a conspiracy), keep in mind the US has had little first hand work with it. Usually when outbreaks happen, the contsinment is quicker and the host dies off. So even if we rush scientists there to study it, it wont be in the most ideal setting and often times youre studying dead cells

This will be the first time the virus can be studied here and with the best available facilities. The closest to my knwledge theyve had was the mahrburg (spelling?) Outbreak in monkeys about 15 years ago in maryland. Very similar to ebola in that both are hemmoaging fevers, but similar and the same are two very different things.

I read a lot of conspiracy rheories about why we havent cured hiv, cancer etc. Firstly in terms of hiv, there isnt one strain.....there are several. And it continues to evolve (like all living things). Same with cancer. There are dozens of diseases classed as cancers, and not all people will respond to treatment the same (nor will the diseases themselves react the same to similar treatments)

Why the heck would the US even think of bringing back a person infected with Ebola??

I tend not to believe in conspiracy theories, but sometimes their points make some sense.

You tend not to believe conspiracy theories...but watch and post Alex Jones?

Yeah...ok....well at least we know what the inhabitants of the crazy train think.

Edited by red321

You tend not to believe conspiracy theories...but watch and post Alex Jones?

Yeah...ok....well at least we know what the inhabitants of the crazy train think.

I honestly never heard of the guy.  I was just reading a news article about the virus and some guy in the comments section was posting links.

Compositions and methods including and related to the Ebola Bundibugyo virus (EboBun) are provided. Compositions are provided that are operable as immunogens to elicit and immune response or protection from EboBun challenge in a subject such as a primate. Inventive methods are directed to detection and treatment of EboBun infection.

Yeah, well once they find a cure for monkeys they should only be about ten years away from humans. Fan, do realize there are patents out there in the drug industry, thousands of them, for research not even confirmed effective, just like this one?

This is a preventative strike patent (like Apple putting patents on rectangles with rounded corners) in case something in their research works and they can then fully patent the serum for production and distribution. Getting first dibs on something like this is a multi-billion dollar cure and they sure as hell are not waiting to have the complete formula accepted by the FDA before protecting their rights.

I don't read any US news articles about this since they're categorically stupid.

I am keeping an eye on Lagos since it's the first urban area to get Ebola in its vicinity. I see that there have indeed been a handful of cases reported, which i was hoping would not be the case. However, if this is as far as it goes there, it sets my mind at ease a lot, especially if the treatments I've read about are effective.

The only cases in Lagos that I'm seeing are the case a month ago of the Liberian who died and then the doctor who treated him showing symptoms. They isolated six other people, all of whom had contact with the guy, none of whom are showing symptoms. And that dude died like a month ago. It doesn't seem to be catching on there.

Compositions and methods including and related to the Ebola Bundibugyo virus (EboBun) are provided. Compositions are provided that are operable as immunogens to elicit and immune response or protection from EboBun challenge in a subject such as a primate. Inventive methods are directed to detection and treatment of EboBun infection.

Yeah, well once they find a cure for monkeys they should only be about ten years away from humans. Fan, do realize there are patents out there in the drug industry, thousands of them, for research not even confirmed effective, just like this one?

This is a preventative strike patent (like Apple putting patents on rectangles with rounded corners) in case something in their research works and they can then fully patent the serum for production and distribution. Getting first dibs on something like this is a multi-billion dollar cure and they sure as hell are not waiting to have the complete formula accepted by the FDA before protecting their rights.

We're not talking about something like insulin here, we're talking about one of the deadliest diseases on the planet.  Something like 900 people have died from Ebola this year in Africa, and not one peep from the US about having a serum or experimental drug available.  Then when suddenly two Americans contract the disease, they're flown back to the states and are miraculously up and walking around an hour after being treated while almost making a full recovery the last I heard.

Having patents on insulin is one thing, but a patent on an Ebola serum/cure is a crime against humanity, IMHO.  Having a "patent" on a cure or serum for one of the deadliest diseases out there literally turns Ebola into a WMD unless given to the rest of the world to save their people's lives.