• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Well, f*#k.

The potential of Ebola spreading on a exponential level due to modern transportation is frightening. Remove modern transportation and most of these diseases kill off a population then die off having no host. Now they are truly airborne, capable of traversing continents to create another typhoid Mary condition where every person in contact may then be at risk of spreading it to ever person they are in contact with, including the medical communities that can be caught unaware that the flu symptoms they are diagnosing is actually Ebola.

I don't fear terrorists strapping a bomb to themselves, their destruction is isolated. I fear terrorists committing biological suicide by intentional contracting Ebola and spreading it. Thereby creating a larger path of destruction and human suffering that grows even after the host dies.

Africa has a very high Muslim population that has many radical sects. The OP title could also be We're F*#ked.

Edited by Eric Notti

Saw a story titled "U.S. Is one plane flight away from an epidemic."

Scary indeed.

If I'm an airline, I don't see reason to put my planes or flight crews in harms way until this crisis is under control and there's no risk to my employees or passengers. Sorry, Africa.

It's definitely possible that the US or Europe could end up seeing a few cases due to this, but it's not gonna spread like wildfire here. The problem in Western Africa is that the people there pretty much refuse to do any of the things necessary to contain the disease. It would be very different here.

It's definitely possible that the US or Europe could end up seeing a few cases due to this, but it's not gonna spread like wildfire here. The problem in Western Africa is that the people there pretty much refuse to do any of the things necessary to contain the disease. It would be very different here.

While I agree to an extent, the mortality rate is what makes this so freaking scary. Once you're symptomatic, you're contagious. Terrifying, really.

http://www.latimes.com/world/africa/la-fg-guinea-ebola--20140801-story.html

While I agree to an extent, the mortality rate is what makes this so freaking scary. Once you're symptomatic, you're contagious. Terrifying, really.

The main issue is that the early symptoms are a lot like common influenza. By the time it is identified a lot of people could have been exposed. Say this person rides mass transit and works in a heavily populated building. Our health system will provide some protection, but there will be casualties if this gets established.

The main issue is that the early symptoms are a lot like common influenza. By the time it is identified a lot of people could have been exposed. Say this person rides mass transit and works in a heavily populated building. Our health system will provide some protection, but there will be casualties if this gets established.

It's not an airborne pathogen. You won't get it just riding with someone on the subway.

Huh? Where did he say it was airborne?

Is he licking the subway railing? That's why diseases like this just don't take hold in developed nations. We wash our hands and use sanitizer. This won't be a pandemic here. You guys can worry. I'll spend that worry time drinking beer. And not worrying.