• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Kevin Jepsen

nate

Many on this forum wanted him DFA after the season but as it turns out he has been extremely valuable.

I often criticize Butcher for not helping pitchers learn new pitches but that change up that Jepsen learned has been huge.  Along with his control of the strike zone.

He has only given up 9 runs in 42 IP 16 walks 24 hits for a 1.93 ERA .952 WHIP and 52 Ks.  Absolutely dominant numbers.

He has a completely different delivery than years past. I was the last guy to trust Jepsen this year. The man has simply been the co pitching mvp along with Richards and Smith. Butcher has shocked me with Jepsen. Butcher has tinkered unsuccessfully with a number of pitcher's deliveries, but this one worked. 

Mind Blown

Jepsen is FOR REAL

Edited by DropOfAnaheim

What DMVol said.

I haven't seen many pitchers stay with one org for as longer as Jepsen has, and eventually dominate like this with the same team.

Usually that happens when the player gets a fresh start elsewhere.

Props to Jepsen, and he also seems now to have a fearless attitude on the mound. That can also take a talented pitcher a long ways.

His ERA over the past 28 innings = around 0.30.

Crazy good!