• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Langston Calls Out Hamilton

Taylor

As for listening to the radio, I can't watch the games at work because of what I do and often my work schedule crosses over deep into games and for the hour or more commute home.

Langston is an amateur. He has no voice for radio, it is high pitched and doesn't have any real inflection that drives any point home. He often starts a thought then drifts off not ending a sentence and after a pregnant pause comes back to the subject.

He is every bit an ex player out of his element trying to be a broadcaster. As a Color man he does bring insights but often for me it is lost on his inexperience. He is getting better but those on here that really like Langston can only cite when he rips the team or a player. That is a pretty low bar.

Radio and TV broadcasts are not supposed to be the AW GameDay thread on tape. Langston ripping Hamilton last night without giving any thoughts to cause is going to get him a rep in the locker room and also within the broadcast community that is not favorable. You can only report emotionally for so long but when your commentary becomes personal then you are crossing the line of representing the team for the ownership.

There is a difference between making comments here and being employed to represent the team. Langston has a longer leash on radio over TV but even that has its limits.

He's the color analyst.  I am going to make a WAG and say 75% of those positions are filled with ex ballplayers.  He's also been doing this full-time for what, two years?

As far as Langston calling it like he sees it (I didn't watch the game, and I have no idea what happened), its odd you say he was 'emotional'.

that's cool. Is there a particular reason you don't watch tv? Did you grow up not watching tv?

PS you're missing out not watching Trout play every day

I got to watch 1 hour of TV a day growing up...then it was off with the tv, go outside and ride your bike, get my clothes dirty, get some excercise. Honestly now though, the shit bores me to hell, it feels like a complete waste of time, most programs I have watched are complete garbage. I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything at all.

However I do appreciate movies like Snatch, Fight Club or Dark Knight. I will go to the movies every so often.

And no I don't miss Trout play every day...all the highlights and plays can be found on MLB.com, also from time to time I catch the replay games at the bar.

Oh, and who still washes their own car?

I'l be damned if any motherf**ker puts their grimey fingers on my Jaguar. Other people who wash or vacuum my car SUCK. It takes me an hour on a Sunday out in the beautiful Cali sun. I do it right, it looks great when I'm done, and I have no problem with that.

I got to watch 1 hour of TV a day growing up...then it was off with the tv, go outside and ride your bike, get my clothes dirty, get some excercise. Honestly now though, the shit bores me to hell, it feels like a complete waste of time, most programs I have watched are complete garbage. I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything at all.

However I do appreciate movies like Snatch, Fight Club or Dark Knight. I will go to the movies every so often.

And no I don't miss Trout play every day...all the highlights and plays can be found on MLB.com, also from time to time I catch the replay games at the bar.

I'l be damned if any motherf**ker puts their grimey fingers on my Jaguar. Other people who wash or vacuum my car SUCK. It takes me an hour on a Sunday out in the beautiful Cali sun. I do it right, it looks great when I'm done, and I have no problem with that.

One man's Pinto is another man's Jaguar.

man you're missing out. Tv shows are better than they have ever been.

Breaking bad, game of thrones, true detective.. these are some of the best of all time and I would rather watch them than a movie.

Doesn't mean i have to pay for cable to watch them though. There's a thing called the internet.

Was at the game today, hamiltons lack of hustle or even caring at this point is getting tiresome. I don't understand it, all he has to do is run as fast as he can to 1st base what 4 or 5 times a game....that's it. Dude cant even do that. Disappointing to say the least.

Was at the game today, hamiltons lack of hustle or even caring at this point is getting tiresome. I don't understand it, all he has to do is run as fast as he can to 1st base what 4 or 5 times a game....that's it. Dude cant even do that. Disappointing to say the least.

I was at the game as well and had the same thoughts when he just gave up on that first at bat.

Not sure how many heard it...

Listening on the way to the game, when Langston was announcing the lineups he certainly was up beat about Josh being back in the lineup.

I wonder what he said about Josh that 1st at bat.

Edited by Slegnaac

It's your first statement for me.... He's been more predictive than other color guys we have had and I enjoy his insights. I haven't heard him since leaving SoCal so maybe I haven't been exposed to some of what you're saying now that h's getting steady work. Anyway, I dont hate Gubi like some on here but I'd love a Rojas/Langston pairing at the same time. I just prefer Langston's style.

Also, Victor Rojas is great. I hope they give him a Mike Scioscia contract and he's around for a long, long time.

Totally agree.