• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Langston Calls Out Hamilton

Taylor

Of course there's a huge difference. So we want our expensive players to be primadomas? I certainly don't. This would have been a good day to give him off and if Cowgill was healthy they might have done just that.

I think the prima Donna aspect would be Josh refusing to go out on the field because he feels he isn't 100%. At this point of the season none of the starters are really 100%, they all have some pain or discomfort that is manageable and can be ignored once they announce play ball.

I don't like Hamilton, his past history is that of a continuing train wreck but in this one case I will give the benefit of the doubt considering two days ago he spoke about problems with his legs. Taking him out of last night's game was the right thing to do and until proven otherwise for the right reason; a physical problem.

I think the prima Donna aspect would be Josh refusing to go out on the field because he feels he isn't 100%. At this point of the season none of the starters are really 100%, they all have some pain or discomfort that is manageable and can be ignored once they announce play ball.

I don't like Hamilton, his past history is that of a continuing train wreck but in this one case I will give the benefit of the doubt considering two days ago he spoke about problems with his legs. Taking him out of last night's game was the right thing to do and until proven otherwise for the right reason; a physical problem.

Well both Langston and Rojas pretty much called him out for playing like a Prima Donna and I think it was based on his reputation because they had no clue about his physical condition.

As for listening to the radio, I can't watch the games at work because of what I do and often my work schedule crosses over deep into games and for the hour or more commute home.

Langston is an amateur. He has no voice for radio, it is high pitched and doesn't have any real inflection that drives any point home. He often starts a thought then drifts off not ending a sentence and after a pregnant pause comes back to the subject.

He is every bit an ex player out of his element trying to be a broadcaster. As a Color man he does bring insights but often for me it is lost on his inexperience. He is getting better but those on here that really like Langston can only cite when he rips the team or a player. That is a pretty low bar.

Radio and TV broadcasts are not supposed to be the AW GameDay thread on tape. Langston ripping Hamilton last night without giving any thoughts to cause is going to get him a rep in the locker room and also within the broadcast community that is not favorable. You can only report emotionally for so long but when your commentary becomes personal then you are crossing the line of representing the team for the ownership.

There is a difference between making comments here and being employed to represent the team. Langston has a longer leash on radio over TV but even that has its limits.

Edited by Eric Notti

As for listening to the radio, I can't watch the games at work because of what I do and often my work schedule crosses over deep into games and for the hour or more commute home.

Langston is an amateur. He has no voice for radio, it is high pitched and doesn't have any real inflection that drives any point home. He often starts a thought then drifts off not ending a sentence and after a pregnant pause comes back to the subject.

He is every bit an ex player out of his element trying to be a broadcaster. As a Color man he does bring insights but often for me it is lost on his inexperience. He is getting better but those on here that really like Langston can only cite when he rips the team or a player. That is a pretty low bar.

Radio and TV broadcasts are not supposed to be the AW GameDay thread on tape. Langston ripping Hamilton last night without giving any thoughts to cause is going to get him a rep in the locker room and also within the broadcast community that is not favorable. You can only report emotionally for so long but when your commentary becomes personal then you are crossing the line of representing the team for the ownership.

There is a difference between making comments here and being employed to represent the team. Langston has a longer leash on radio over TV but even that has its limits.

I don't agree with anything you wrote here, except for the part about Langston ripping Hamilton. He sounded like an ex-pitcher that was pissed because an outfielder didn't make a play. Eric, it is ok for you to use the words, "in my opinion". The way you say it makes it sound like you are THE authority on this. It's cool, I still think you are nifty, just a bit of a prick while being nifty.

I would have thought it obvious that it is my opinion since I'm not quoting anyone else. Also, my opinion is based on what Langston's experience level is as a Color man and how he presents himself in contrast to other industry professionals. Terry Smith was the Color man for the Angels radio broadcast up until Markas moved to television. You cannot say that Langston could move up to lead any time in the near future. 

If you don't like my opinion that is fine but I'm not being a prick about it, I'm just not being a homer and complimenting the guy for things he is doing that I feel are not professional.

Edited by Eric Notti

I like Langston on the radio ... but in defense of Hamilton he was wrong. Hamilton when healthy is a all out hustle type player.

This is true, and may be why both guys called him out as they aren't used to seeing that from Hamilton.

And if the knee truly played into it, maybe it's time for 15 days on the DL to rest it?

I'm pretty amazing in that I can get work done while watching the game. 

Oh, and who still washes their own car? 

Poor people.

People who don't waste hours upon hours each day watching the idiot box.

Edited by Jeff M

It's your first statement for me....  He's been more predictive than other color guys we have had and I enjoy his insights.  I haven't heard him since leaving SoCal so maybe I haven't been exposed to some of what you're saying now that h's getting steady work.   Anyway, I dont hate Gubi like some on here but I'd love a Rojas/Langston pairing at the same time.  I just prefer Langston's style.  

Also, Victor Rojas is great.  I hope they give him a Mike Scioscia contract and he's around for a long, long time.

Edited by Inside Pitch