• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cole Hamels now?

This is the remainder on his contract.

30 - 2014: $22.5 million
31 - 2015: $22.5 million
32 - 2016: $22.5 million
33 - 2017: $22.5 million
34 - 2018: $22.5 million
35 - 2019: $19 million option or $6 million buyout

There’s a slight twist with that 2019 option in that it vests and becomes a $24 million option if Hamels throws at least 400 innings in 2017-2018, including at least 200 innings in 2018, and isn’t on the disabled list at the end of 2018.

Getting into another heavy contract with a 30+ yr old pitcher?

No thanks. 

Well, he's left handed so that's a plus.

That said, the Angels don't have anything to offer for Hamels. MAYBE for Lee, but not Hamels. Even if they took his entire contract he'd still likely warrant a top prospect.

Well, he's left handed so that's a plus.

That said, the Angels don't have anything to offer for Hamels. MAYBE for Lee, but not Hamels. Even if they took his entire contract he'd still likely warrant a top prospect.

they would offer contract relief. 

so, please no.

I prefer we get another starting pitcher. Here's how I see it.

Lester, Price (after next season), Cueto after next season (if he gets there unsigned) all going to want 20 mill + a year. If you like Hamels alot, why wait? Unless it's due to lack of prospects.

Eventually I think we'll need to sign a starting pitcher. All of these guys around the same age as well. I hate using the line "it's not my money" but I don't know how much Arte is willing to spend so if he takes on another one of these contracts none of us know how it will impact other signings that will need to be made.

Ken Rosenthal @Ken_Rosenthal · 48m

Sources: #Angels unlikely to add SP pre-7/31. Wilson expected back early Aug. Team has some $$$; would prefer not to trade more prospects.

that part stood out. Looks like only way they get a SP is if they just take on the contract of a guy from some other team who sucks

Ya posted that in another thread.

Smokescreen!