• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Of the potential wild card teams.....

In order of most to least preferred to face in WC game (not including current division leaders): 

Jays

Indians

Skanks

Royals

Red Sox

Rays

M's

I think this is exactly how I'd stack them up.  If we throw Baltimore into the situation though, I think I'd want to face them even less than the M's.  They have two guys - Norris and Gonzalez - that seem to have the Angels' number.  At least with King Felix the Angels do hit him hard from time to time, and of course the Seattle offense is pathetic.  Baltimore has some hitters.

I think It's way too early to discuss! We know for sure the Astros, Rangers, Twins, ChiSox and maybe Boston are out.

I'm making over $7k a month working part time. I kept hearing other people tell me how much money they can make online so I decided to look into it. Well, it was all true and has totally changed my life. This is what I do....

g7IsB.gif

now the 'slappy' part definetely makes sense

So Baltimore is due for regression but not the team that has won 16 of 21?

When you consider how badly the rays were underachieving before, I wouldn't be surprised if they have the best record in the AL from here til 162.

The rays at one point were almost 20 games under .500.

And yes, Baltimore has played over their heads. Their pitching has way overachieved

When you consider how badly the rays were underachieving before, I wouldn't be surprised if they have the best record in the AL from here til 162.

The rays at one point were almost 20 games under .500.

And yes, Baltimore has played over their heads. Their pitching has way overachieved

But in their last 21 games they have played .760 ball, that won't last.

Yanks, Seattle, Toronto, Royals, Cleveland, White Sox, Rays, Tigers, Orioles are the teams within 5 games of WC or have less than a 5 game lead in first. Here is my order:

Yanks - It's a far gap between the Yanks and the next team. Their pitching is a mess. Love the chances of winning this game in Anaheim.

Royals - Shields will likely get the call and he's been beatable. Plus the Royals are young with little to no experience in the playoffs.

Cleveland - Kluber is their guy on the mound. Almost a toss up between them and the Royals. But Francona can keep his team focused for the big game.

Toronto - RA Dickey can be dominant. But if his knuckleball isn't working that night, it's almost a sure win for the Angels. Feast or Famine.

White Sox - Sele is scary good. Do not want to face him. Plus Abreu can also be a difference maker in the game.

Orioles - They would put Bud Norris out there since he owns the Angels. Plus Cruz, Machado, Davis and Jones can put up some runs.

Rays - Price is one of the best in baseball. But Price doesn't fair well in Anaheim with a 3-3 record and 4.27 ERA. He is hittable in Anaheim.

Mariners - Arguably King Felix will win the CY. He alone can shut down the Angels with little run support.

One potentially fascinating thing about this WC race is the Angels play Seattle on the last weekend of the season. Considering it's in the west coast and the other WC teams will play earlier, it's possible you could end up with a scenario like this as they play the last game.

Angels have won the first WC.

Seattle is a half game behind for the second.

Angels would then benefit by losing to allow Seattle to pull into a tie and force them to play an extra game against, say, Toronto, before the winner comes to Anaheim.

I'm rooting for this, just the awkwardness of it all.

It's great news to hear we've already clinched a wildcard berth. Kind of amazing that a $154,000,000 payroll just doesn't get you a division championship anymore.

Yep imagine how the Yankees felt all those years or how the Dodgers feel this year with that payroll.

The best case scenario (barring winning the division) is that we'll have WC #1 locked up early, and there will be 2-3 teams fighting for that last WC spot. That way we can set the rotation properly while those teams have to burn their best pitchers just to get to the game. Everybody just assumes we'd face Felix, but that's far from a sure thing.

Just realized another interesting situation. Say it's unlikely, but still possible, to catch the A's that last week of the season, but WC #1 is locked up. Do you burn your best pitchers trying to win the division, or set up for the best chance to win the one game?

Just realized another interesting situation. Say it's unlikely, but still possible, to catch the A's that last week of the season, but WC #1 is locked up. Do you burn your best pitchers trying to win the division, or set up for the best chance to win the one game?

Go for the division.