• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Billy Beane is perfect

Damn, he really sucks!!! Right, Stradling?

Once again nate, this has to do with the perception that Beane is so much better than anyone else. Look who is right behind the A's, that's right the Angels. In that same amount of time, who has more post season success? Also, my guess is if they are writing an article comparing how other teams do based on how Beane values players and stats, that Beane will probably come in first in that evaluation process. A better barometer to see how Beane actually is doing is by reading what DW posted above your post, now that is an impressive resume.

What is to say they would all get moved?

Beane and Friedman do what they have to with limited resources. I am not sure either of them would do a good job with the Angels.

It would take either awhile to make the team in their vision. Regardless of how you feel about the trade and giving up four prospects (the good part of being prospects, not the negative part of "they are just prospects") for Street, I think most would agree that Dipoto hasn't been given enough time to build a farm. That can't happen in three years.

Once again nate, this has to do with the perception that Beane is so much better than anyone else. Look who is right behind the A's, that's right the Angels. In that same amount of time, who has more post season success? Also, my guess is if they are writing an article comparing how other teams do based on how Beane values players and stats, that Beane will probably come in first in that evaluation process. A better barometer to see how Beane actually is doing is by reading what DW posted above your post, now that is an impressive resume.

I'm guessing most of that above value stuff for the Halos happened under Stoneman's watch.  He was quietly one of the best GMs in MLB during his tenure.

Anyway, it's pretty awesome to see the Angels listed at the very top.  You never hear them being mentioned among the best run teams in MLB but if there is any validity to that article, it's hard to argue they haven't been very well run for a very long time.

Edited by Inside Pitch

I'm guessing most of that above value stuff for the Halos happened under Stoneman's watch. He was quietly one of the best GMs in MLB during his tenure.

Anyway, it's pretty awesome to see the Angels listed at the very top. You never hear them being mentioned among the best run teams in MLB but if there is any validity to that article, it's hard to argue they haven't been very well run for a very long time.

Oh you appreciate the Angels success, you sir are a superfan.

Beane is great, but not perfect. Agree on friedman by the way, and am in love with the cards front office.

Have to remember something though. Beane came into power when a decent chink of the early 2000's core was already in the system. I dont know how much of that was him. (Moneyball the movie fails to mention the big 3 at all, let alone miggy tejada or dye, chavez etc).

Where beane has an 'advantage' is that his fanbase isnt as demanding, as neither os ownership. So the 'oakland nation' is more forgiving while he quietly retooled and they sucked for a bit. Our fans went aleshit once we stopped owning the division, let alone 2013.

So whereas beane can sit back and say 'the angels are really good right now...but aging, my goal is to target 2 years from now and move some pieces that project there', our FO at the direcrion of arte tries to win every year...and its hurt us.

I think trading Russell for two guys who are going to be average in the AL is a much bigger offense than what Dipoto did

I don't want to get dragged into this which trade is better deal, because the only thing I care about is that the Angels handle their business.. But in terms of value.... two average SPs that would give a team 400 IP are a hell of a lot more valuable than 50 excellent innings of relief pitching.   Some of the value comes from the reality that they keep worse pitchers from stinking the place up.

I don't want to get dragged into this which trade is better deal, because the only thing I care about is that the Angels handle their business.. But in terms of value.... two average SPs that would give a team 400 IP are a hell of a lot more valuable than 50 excellent innings of relief pitching. Some of the value comes from the reality that they keep worse pitchers from stinking the place up.

In that regard, I would agree. But Street is a major upgrade while Samardzija and Hammel won't be significant upgrades over what they were putting out there IMO

I don't want to get dragged into this which trade is better deal, because the only thing I care about is that the Angels handle their business.. But in terms of value.... two average SPs that would give a team 400 IP are a hell of a lot more valuable than 50 excellent innings of relief pitching.   Some of the value comes from the reality that they keep worse pitchers from stinking the place up.

I'm glad we didn't trade anyone as good as Addison Russell then

In that regard, I would agree. But Street is a major upgrade while Samardzija and Hammel won't be significant upgrades over what they were putting out there IMO

Yeah, I think those deals were in part to safeguard them against Chavez and someone else going in to the tank the second half.   That entire rotation has pitched ridiculously well all year so improving on it would have been near impossible.   The other aspect of the Samardzija deal is he becomes their big ticket trade piece for their next rebuild should it come to that..

Hammel was a rental.