• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tigers trade for Joakim Soria

They are prospects, you know, the same guys you scout. They don't all pan out and you know it. So if bad players don't get traded then I'm really looking forward to future all star Gott pitching for the Angels. That should lessen the blow of losing two everyday starters a closer and a mid rotation guy.

I just can't believe we traded BOTH Alvarez AND Rondon.

Street is solid, but that is a LOT to trade away for 1 1/3 seasons of Street.

Only if a) Halos reach the WS in either 2014 or 2015, B) Gott becomes a poor man's version of what Alvarez projects to be, and c) Aybar is re-signed through at least 2019,....

will the trade not seem lopsided to me.

Scouting involves making educated guesses.  You simply blurting out "They won't pan out" brings nothing to the conversation.  If I were to ask you why, you'd probably say "Because they're prospects and not all prospects pan out".  

Have you actually gone and watched these prospects and made a judgement for yourself?  Sure, they may not pan out, but the likelihood of Alvarez, Morris, Rondon & Lindsey all being major leaguers is pretty high.  The reason why, they're good prospects.  And good prospects make it the majors. 

That's why they were traded for, because they're good.  

Scouting involves making educated guesses. You simply blurting out "They won't pan out" brings nothing to the conversation. If I were to ask you why, you'd probably say "Because they're prospects and not all prospects pan out".

Have you actually gone and watched these prospects and made a judgement for yourself? Sure, they may not pan out, but the likelihood of Alvarez, Morris, Rondon & Lindsey all being major leaguers is pretty high. The reason why, they're good prospects. And good prospects make it the majors.

That's why they were traded for, because they're good.

So Dipoto doesn't know their value even though it's his job to know them very well, but the interim GM of the Padres, who are a very poor team, does know their value? They could all be major leaguers but that still doesn't mean they will be starters or impactful.

You never actually answered the question Stradling.  Have you ever watched actually Rondon, Lindsey, Alvarez or Morris play?

I'm willing to bet that's a hard "no".  So what you're saying is 4 prospects who you've never seen play and know very little about, will not pan out.  

Yeah.  Good work. 

Listen I'm not saying they won't pan out I'm saying that they are still prospects. The team that knows them best thought it was an equitable trade. My guess is Alvarez will be very good. None of the others will be anything more than average. The issue with arguing this is this:

I say it's a good trade for the now and that's tough to argue. You say it's a bad trade because of the future and that's tough to argue. There absolutely will be a point when it will be a bad trade, when Alvarez is saving games for the Pads and we no longer have Street. At that point no one will care that Street saved playoff games for us because he isn't doing it anymore. So congrats on being right in three years.