• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hamilton Home Runs Watch

I'm ok with him sitting on a first pitch fastball and swinging away. Pitcher more likely to try and sneak a fastball by him first pitch than later in the AB imo.

But he's got to get smarter or something. If you're Hamilton and you're behind in the count or even sitting 2-2 how can you honestly think you'll see a fastball with your track record of swinging at breaking balls.

Stop making excuses...the dude has lost it.

LOST IT.

Sure, he might get a hit once in a blue moon...but Hamilton looks horrid. And the fact that the Manager insists on hitting him 4th...is a joke.

How to beat the Angels - WALK Trout - get to Albert and Josh...and if it's beyond the 5th inning...pitch to Mr. DP - Howard Kendrick...who might have had a clutch hit after inning 6 the same time Hamilton his a ding-dong...or was that Freese? Or Conger? Ianetta?

LOST IT.

Sure, he might get a hit once in a blue moon...but Hamilton looks horrid. And the fact that the Manager insists on hitting him 4th...is a joke.

How to beat the Angels - WALK Trout - get to Albert and Josh...and if it's beyond the 5th inning...pitch to Mr. DP - Howard Kendrick...who might have had a clutch hit after inning 6 the same time Hamilton his a ding-dong...or was that Freese? Or Conger? Ianetta?

It's incredible we suck so bad yet we are on pace to win 95+ games.

Oh yea, blast, parties and such.

Whos ditching the ship?  Im just wondering why Hamilton doesnt hit homers anymore.  Its quite strange to see a power hitter of his caliber just fall off like that.  

Just having fun.  To answer your question, I think it's because he thumb is still bothering him, not to mention the current leg problem as well.  And I'm not trying to make excuses for him, I'm trying to explain where I think the power went.

I have had the exact same injury Josh inflicted upon himself. I had the surgery, and 5 years later I still can not open a soda bottle. Use of my thumb is still not 100%. Not to say that his was not as bad, but that injury will be effecting him for a long time.

That injury is not causing him to flail at off speed pitches that don't even make it to home plate. Neither is his weight loss/gain.

It's his head at the plate, bottom line. Last night in the 9th he sat there with his bat on his shoulder not even expecting to swing as a straight salami went right over the plate. Then he proceeded to whiff like he'd never seen a breaking ball before, then walks back to the dugout like it doesn't even matter.

Needs to be up there looking to swing at strikes during every pitch (even the first one), and going with the pitch instead of trying to pull a ball down and away.

Guy still has power, and when he makes good contact even with an easy swing that ball flies.

Just having fun. To answer your question, I think it's because he thumb is still bothering him, not to mention the current leg problem as well. And I'm not trying to make excuses for him, I'm trying to explain where I think the power went.

I don't see how the thumb can explain the complete lack of pitch recognition and missing balls by three feet. He has a problem with either his vision or his brain.

Like I said in another thread ... you put him behind Trout and Pujols you'll get different results.

ummm, that's precisely where he is

looks like a MUCH different hitter than pre-thumb injury, gotta believe its a factor

Ah the good old days when Scioscia was an idiot for not batting Hamilton 2nd.

LOST IT.