• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Orem Owlz Pitcher Jonah Wesely Interviews with AngelsWin.com

_DSC6039_lyr6vzuz_vvwo7elc.JPG
By David Saltzer and Rick Dykhuizen

Fans always hear about the top-drafted prospects every year. But, often, it’s in the middle rounds where drafts can be made into something special. The 2013 draft is turning into quite a good haul for the Angels, and one of the absolute steals of the draft for the Angels was left-hander Jonah Wesely. Taken in the 11th round out of high school in Tracy, CA, Wesely was signed away from a commitment to UCLA.

Wesely throws a low-90s fastball, a wicked slider, and a developing changeup. He is all business on the mound, and pitches with passion. Presently, Wesely is in the pen, where he is dominating, but the potential to revert back to the rotation is there, especially if he refines the changeup. That wouldn’t be unprecedented, as one of his favorite players, C.J. Wilson, made the same transition.

Already a fan of AngelsWin.com, our interview with Wesely was one of the best we’ve had in a while. From his yoga stretches to his hasty candy consumption, Wesely shared some great insights into his life as a professional pitcher. This is a great interview that all Angels fans should enjoy. Jonah has the stuff and the makeup to be pitching in Anaheim, and hopefully in a few years, he will be.

Please click here to watch our interview with Jonah Wesely.

KwjSe_dHLVU

View the full article

He is a good kid and a good talent. Have you seen his numbers this year? He's got a microscopic 0.73 WHIP and a 1.80 ERA in 15.0 IP. He's dominating guys 2-4 years older than him. Really impressed. I cannot stress this enough: fans need to tune in and listen to the Owlz games this year. The talent coming through there the last 2 years is very exciting to see!

I agree with Dave.  This is Orem's most talented team they have had in a while and most of the key players are 21 and younger which is a good sign. 

And they just were the 1st half champs, giving them a berth in the playoffs. They have hitting, pitching, and defense. I really like this team and tune into as many of their games as I can.