• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Chase Headley finally traded.

Yankees gave up Y. Solarte........GEEZ if you think Headley's fall was steep at least it was somewhat gradual compared to Solarte who was going great for the Yankees earlier in the season, could play OF, 3B even some 2B (none of them very well, apparently) and was hitting .350 during the first month he was up with the club, even stole some bases -- was sure a stud for the fantasy league stats..........then he tailed off big (must have been the second time through the league stuff) and next thing you know he is shipped out to AAA (where's the Yankee's affiliate? Used to be Rochester) and now he gets dealt as part of the Yankees two month lease of Headley..........

i'm not saying solarte is all that, but when he got sent down to AAA he immediately started killing it and i think was called back up to new york. i'd bet he does alright in san diego, considering the ballpark.

Lol at a "dedicated fan base.". Even the local sports media doesn't give a crap about the team

this is mostly true. i live in san diego, and could never get with the padres. they're just constantly mediocre. they don't believe in building or rebuilding. the goal has always been, just enough to get the fans to come in. the disinterest in the padres in san diego is palpable, which is sad because when the ballpark was built there was a lot of excitement around san diego that the padres were finally going to be sustainable. now, they just feel like they were swindled. probably because they were. there are many problems in san diego, but none of them are the fanbase. this city is dying for a championship in baseball or football.

I will say that Girardi is an underrated manager.

Yes he won with ridiculous talent in the late 2000s. 

But even now, despite hugs holes on that team the past couple of years, he still has them playing decent to solid baseball. 

Plus, he did have the NL MOTY award for the Fish before coming to the Skanks.