• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Fundraiser-In-Chief: The Ukraine can wait. So can the border...

That video was hard to watch. It was just an old guy rambling about a bunch of things he doesn't have knowledge on like the progression of the Ebola virus and being upset that the CDC isn't giving him info he doesn't have the right to and doesn't need to do his job. Very scattered.

Edited by HaloMagic

That video was hard to watch. It was just an old guy rambling about a bunch of things he doesn't have knowledge on like the progression of the Ebola virus and being upset that the CDC isn't giving him info he doesn't have the right to and doesn't need to do his job. Very scattered.

I  agree HM, it's scattered but he's trying to pack a lot of info into 14 min. He's not just an old guy, Taylor is the "President of the National assos. of former border patrol agents".  The thrust of his message is the diminishing lack of border control and what he implies as the possible upcoming repercussions as a result and the fact the he believes it's intentional.  BTW, He was speaking for the the current border agents who had no information from the CDC, not he himself.  I don't know what he says to be true but with the government track record of corruption, I have little reason to doubt him.  I'm surprised you see him as having no credibiility.

Know what's strange? Never heard a peep from DR regarding this issue in general before 2009. I'm sure it's just a coincidence.

Not one bit strange.  It's entirely proximate.  DR got stuck in traffic once when Obama came to town.  He was the president so I just figured that's the deal.  I also thought that the president and his people would realize what a cluster f they created on that visit and would make adjustments for future L.A. fundraising adventures. Of which there would be many.

Then FIC traffic jam happened again.  And again.  And it held up my wife in getting to Cedar Sinai once for a fairly important appointment which really pissed me off.  I'm not the only one on this board who has been affected by the FIC's fundraising whims.

If your point is that I wouldn't have raised the issue if Bush did this, you are entirely wrong.  I would be equally pissed, if not more so since I don't like W.  But kudos for following the company line and finding a reach around to Bush.

Not one bit strange.  It's entirely proximate.  DR got stuck in traffic once when Obama came to town.  He was the president so I just figured that's the deal.  I also thought that the president and his people would realize what a cluster f they created on that visit and would make adjustments for future L.A. fundraising adventures. Of which there would be many.

Then FIC traffic jam happened again.  And again.  And it held up my wife in getting to Cedar Sinai once for a fairly important appointment which really pissed me off.  I'm not the only one on this board who has been affected by the FIC's fundraising whims.

If your point is that I wouldn't have raised the issue if Bush did this, you are entirely wrong.  I would be equally pissed, if not more so since I don't like W.  But kudos for following the company line and finding a reach around to Bush.

Lol are you implying that you like Obama? But fair enough, it's simply a case of you whining because it directly affected you. I'm sure you're aware that every FIC had a hand in traffic mayhem during these fundraisers all over the country.

Don't know where I implied that I like Obama.  The word "whining" is an interesting choice.  I would not categorize my pointing out the FIC's repeated and disruptive fundraising trips as whining, but I understand how you would use the word to frame the conversation to your advantage.  The FIC's trips did indeed affect me:  His visits made me late for work; his visits caused me a two hour drive home (for about a 15 mile commute), and one of the FIC's visits made my wife miss an MRI appointment which was scheduled months in advance and was timed as part of the fight against the illness she was fighting at that time.  The stress of that day is not something I would wish on anyone.  The story of the pregnant lady who couldn't cross the street to Cedars reminded me of that situation.  What kind of dipshit closes down a street around the busiest hospital in the area?  You think the idiots who planned the FIC's adventures would've made that mistake only once.  Nope.  The dollar, as always, is mightier. 

I am plenty aware that every president has had traffic issues on their fundraising adventures.  Thank you for emphasizing that the FIC has a hand in traffic mayham.  However, unlike most cities in the U.S., Los Angeles is a car intensive city and it is spread out far and wide, making commutes difficult under any circumstance.  If you did not know this, you should visit the greater LA basin sometime and see for yourself.  Better yet, drive around the streets that were shut down for the FIC during rush hour.  Try crossing Wilshire or Santa Monica Blvd. near San Vicente or La Cienega, just for kicks.  The FIC knows his fundraising attacks disrupt traffic and commerce when he visits southern California, but he continues to do it anyway.  It is clearly more important to raise money than to let those who can't afford his $32,000 photo opps go about their business.  You will find many pro-FIC SoCal residents who have had enough of the FIC shutting down major roads.  Or perhaps they're just whining, too.

Don't know where I implied that I like Obama. 

I would be equally pissed, if not more so since I don't like W.

"If not more so" is an interesting choice to use in this instance since now you're implying you don't like either guy but I understand how you would use the phrase to frame the conversation to your advantage.

If you don't think you've had threads in the past whining about this issue (perhaps you would prefer the word venting) then I don't know what to tell you. I don't doubt for a second that it's frustrating, being stuck in extreme traffic conditions is never fun.

Vic the Fic by Dr. Seuss. 

He once again did something he had before, he came to our streets and caused a terrible chore.

From Hollywood to Santa Monica riding a harmonica, past Wilshire and down Ventura Blvd. too, quit clogging it up you fundraising foo.

Next time you come take a tram and quit turning our streets into your jumbled up spam.  

I have yet to figure out why the President (this started with Bush, Jr. and it continues with Obama) now flies into McCarran Airport instead of Nellis Air Force Base. For those not familiar with Las Vegas. McCarran sits adjacent to Las Vegas Boulevard (the Strip) between Sunset and Tropicana. This means that any major dignitary leaving from there causes massive traffic problems as some of the most heavily-traveled streets in the city are shut down for long periods of time. Nellis sits adjacent to the city of North Las Vegas in an area with far less traffic. It was a lot less disruptive when the President flew in to the base.

Biden's visit caused significant traffic problems. Fortunately for me, I don't work anywhere near the Strip so I'm not affected as much as some people are.