• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Power Rankings

Brandon

So we took the 2nd best team to 2 extra inning games and almost a 3rd extra inning game. Prior to that we took 2 of 3 from the best team in this ranking but we're #11 only.

I understand our offense stinks ... but our pitching has been awesome this year.

Are laughable, but it's basically a complete Angels write up that hits on a lot of the clubs aspects, a couple players, and talks about the trade. It's well done.

http://grantland.com/features/mlb-the-30-angels-mariners-padres-white-sox-huston-street-trade/

He sure paints a different picture of the 3 future stars we traded away

Yeah, it was kind of my thought process. I don't immediately look at it as win or fail based on the package sent. Same with the Freese deal.

People want to say we were fleeced because they were our top prospects, but what does that really mean when you have the worst ranked farm?

I don't think much of what we gave up and if Street is one of the pieces to get us over the hump then it's worth it.

I also liked the better looks at Richards and Calhoun.

He sure paints a different picture of the 3 future stars we traded away

Jonah Keri doesn't follow the minor leagues nearly as much as Law does. I actually think he rates Lindsay too high and Rondon too low in his projections. I think Rondon will become an Erick Aybar type player while Lindsay will become a homeless man's Howie Kendrick. I also think Alvarez translates to a very solid pen piece with the potential to be a "closer". I'm fine with the package outside of Rondon. Or if Rondon had to go the other players shouldn't have been included.

One thing I just thought of that makes this trade a little more palatable is the glut of great young SS coming up. Aybar is still under contract for a few more years. I thought Rondon would be his replacement. Right now SS is a hard position to fill with a real lack of talent. Aybar is having a good year from him and is probably the best or 2nd best SS in the AL. With all these new guys coming up they will displace the current SS on their team leading to a bunch of veteran SS hitting the market. It should lower the value of the SS in FA and the trade market.

The Angels don't have to worry about shortstop until 2017, at which time Aybar will hit free agency as a 33-year old. If he's still going strong I could see them re-signing him for 2-3 years. If not, maybe Stamets--or even Green--could be a stop-gap.

But the org really is empty of decent shortstop prospects. A couple years ago I had hope for Wendell Soto, and he is hittting well at Orem, but he's 22 and kind of old to still be in the low minors.

I'm glad they didn't trade away Natanael Delgado, who may have the highest upside of any position player prospect. He's still years away, but it will be fun seeing how he develops.

The Angels don't have to worry about shortstop until 2017, at which time Aybar will hit free agency as a 33-year old. If he's still going strong I could see them re-signing him for 2-3 years. If not, maybe Stamets--or even Green--could be a stop-gap.

But the org really is empty of decent shortstop prospects. A couple years ago I had hope for Wendell Soto, and he is hittting well at Orem, but he's 22 and kind of old to still be in the low minors.

I'm glad they didn't trade away Natanael Delgado, who may have the highest upside of any position player prospect. He's still years away, but it will be fun seeing how he develops.

I'm also guessing that Aybar is in their plans beyond 2016.  

Even a 4 year deal would only take him to age 36 in 2020 (4 years younger than Jeter in 2014).

Edited by Angel Oracle

I think it's safe to say many here over value our prospects (I will never get this, baseball is the worst sport with regards to projections and how many players actually make it or turn out remotely close to projections) and that the knee jerks went overboard again.

so now rondon is an all-star caliber ss?

after trading away all-star/GG CFer Petey B, I don't see how this organization will ever recover

c'mon Lou

you don't see the similarities between this:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=rondon002jos

and this:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=aybar-001eri

Trading Rondon is like when people were bitching we traded Alexi Casilla only Rondon has more value because he can pay shortstop.