• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Around the Blogosphere

Chuck

• 3 months later...

http://monkeywithahalo.com/uncategorized/keys-to-second-half-success.html

1. Grant Green and Efren Navarro

2. Joe Smith and Thatcher

3. C.J. Wilson

For the reason I focused solely on those three, you'll need to read it, but I would love to generate a lively discussion hallmarked by the typical T-Dawg joke that makes the sun rise in the morning. 

Edited by ScottyA_MWAH

1)  Wilson

2)  Staying healthy enough

3)  Hamilton building on yesterday, and also finally showing some power

4)  Scioscia being more pro-active removing a starter, now that the bullpen depth is here

5)  Thatcher doing much better as the LOOGY, than he has since coming here  

Yeah, the roataion in comparison to other potential postseason rosters is worrisome. That said, boston was similar last year. It obviously comes down to how eere looking at the end of the year (are we hot or scuffing)

I still think building the pen as we have is going to pay off in the end. Its kind of an outside the box way of improving the starting staff.

As of now, the team is built on offense and bullpen. CJ is the key (IMO) to the staff, but hamilton is the wild card. Hes the one that needs to pull his weight ( again, IMO). Hes hitting the ball and getting on base, but we need someone else (him) to back up trout and pujols as a MOTO bat. That might not be necessary for every team, but it is based on how we are built.

Hoping he and freese can get their ish together...if they do (and the SP doesnt fall apart), we're as good as anyone out there

I feel as though the offense will be fine regardless. There are so many weapons here that they'll be constantly picking each other up. The bullpen is showing that it can be elite but first they need to get lefties out.

CJ is the key. He needs to be the all star caliber pitcher he can be or I fear the Angels will not go far in the playoffs. With the exception of Baltimore, we'll have a hard time keeping up with AL playoff rotations. DET, SEA and OAK all have a scary 1-3. If CJ's an all-star again, the Angels will have a solid 1-3 and enough offense and bullpen to overcome any shortcomings from the starters.

My honest opinion of the rotation in a playoff

Richards: Dude is a solid top of the rotation starter. Very underrated. Let's hope he doesn't wear out.

Weaver: trust him at home; do not trust him on the road in Detroit or at an AL East park. His home/road splits are too consistent to ignore.

CJ Wilson: is a #3 pitcher and all the variability that comes with it.

Everybody else: don't trust in a playoff game.

Honestly, I think Detroit is being overrated a bit. Sherzer and anibal are beasts, yes. Verlander is worse than cj this year, and like the previous year, their bullpen is doo doo. I also dont think theyre offense is as good as 2 years ago.

So still a tough series, but not as tough as I think some of us are making them out to be (were basing it on their past, much like others prob arent taking us as seriously because of ours).

Seattle is scary with their pitching, yes. They worry me more because theybseem to know how to exploit are weak points. That said, their offense sucks. Sucks bad. As much as they may be able to suppress our bats, their own bats almost help our pitching.

Oakland is still the road to victory. We HAVE to be able to beat oakland. I really think we can....but 'can' isnt good enough. We have to go out and do it. If we can take the division from them, we're good to go. No other team really worries me besides them (although seattle just for bad karma does a bit). But if we can take first, and who knows, maybe the 'king felix in a one game playoff' thing happens to them....that cannreally work out HUGE for us. Lets say seattle was able to eliminate oakland in the wild card game....I have no prob facing any of the other teams over a 5 or 7 game series.

Little off topic, but as much as were watching garretts workload, what about sonny gray?