• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

CJ

IMO, the biggest key to the second half will be whether or not wilson pulls his head out and gets back to being a number 2, or if he continues to suck. If he sucks, the street trade is even more crucial because of how we can bring in our lower guys (like morin, grilli and jepsen) in earlier.

If he gets back to normal, he and richards and weaver are a pretty good front end (especially with the dominant pen).

Not so much a key, but the other CJ can have a big impact too. The good news to me is that if he still needs to work things out in the minors, no worries, we're fine without him. But if he clicks, hes a good power guy for the non trout/pujols innings. Hamilton would be HUGE if he gets his power back. But im betting cron does before him...

Richards is our best pitcher right now.

Weaver is a hair off his usual performance.

After that...wow

CJ is CJ...Mr. Inconsistent. He was that way in Texas too...but we plunked down major coin for him

Skaggs is still way young. He's battling. Too bad he doesn't have a decent pitching coach. Can you imagine what Bud Black could do for him?

We basically don't have anyone to start Game 3 of the ALDS.

I shudder thinking that we would need to rely on Skaggs or Santiago in that scenario.

CJ needs to wake up.

Shoemaker has been the most consistent

This isn't anything new for sosh. He has gone with rookies in the post season before.

Edited by nando714

Shoemaker has been the most consistent

This isn't anything new for sosh. He has gone with rookies in the post season before.

Shoemaker is solid.

But I get the feeling he is sort of treated as the spot starter.

It woudl be tough to turn to him all of a sudden with the game 3 ball if that scenario actually comes about. 

We basically don't have anyone to start Game 3 of the ALDS.

I shudder thinking that we would need to rely on Skaggs or Santiago in that scenario. 

CJ needs to wake up. 

Game 2 of the ALDS if we have to use Richards in the wild card game. 

Other than not being able to pitch nearly as effectively around 90-105 pitches, Weaver isn't much different from 2013. 

A strong pen now allows them to take him out after 6 innings, instead of trying to ride him longer.

As long as Richards' pitch counts stay around 100-105 per start on average, he can get through September fine.   The post-season is the main concern, innings wise.

Wilson is truly the key here.   He needs to return to being the 2013 Wilson, so that they can have 3 solid starters going into the post-season.

Skaggs, Santiago, and Shoemaker are all capable of either a great start or a mediocre one.   If from those 3, they can get decent pitching in the post-season (say a cumulative 4.50-4.75 ERA), I can live with that.    At most, that group cumulatively would make one start in each post-season series.

Edited by Angel Oracle

Are we ignoring the fact that CJ has been pitching injured?

He hurt his ankle on one of his last pitches of his last game so it had nothing to do with the previous struggles.

I do believe there are some other issues at play however, so I think there's a good chance the time off helps.

But you guys are right that they are in trouble if he doesn't return to his normal form.