• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Peter Bourjos just homered off Kershaw

Peter Bourjos just hit a HR off Clayton Kershaw in the 6th inning of the St. Louis- Dodgers ESPN Sunday night game at St. Louis.

After some injures and a slow start this year, it is nice to see PJB getting some playing time and making the most of it.

Have always liked Bourjos -- though he played all out, all the time for us and really liked the way he covered CF -- I thought he was a better fielding CF'er than Trout when he was with us last year.

Good for Bourjos.

Both the Cardinals and the SF Giants could use a Cards win over the Dogs tonight.

Bourjos just led off the bottom of the 8th with a base hit single, then stole second slapping the glove of Gordon (2B) on the throw forcing Gordon to drop the throw from catcher Ellis.

Bourjos now taking a huge lead off second rattling Brian Wilson, Dodger reliever.........

love the way Bourjos plays the game.........exciting player in the field and on the base paths (if he can get on base-- always an issue with him).

Halos front office did the right thing trading Bourjos for Freese and Salas even I am not a fan of Freese (who I think is very slow a-foot making him a terrible base runner and a potential rally killer GIDP ever time he's up with a guy on first) and IMO very weak defensively to the point he's almost played himself into a DH player........Salas gave us some pen depth -- Bourjos wasn't going to play in Anaheim so its great we moved him to a team and city that appreciates the way he plays ball and now if he can just stay healthy, hit just a bit, flash that glove in CF and run the bases.....he's a player who can make a real difference in a game and in a series like a playoff series.....

standing on second now with the go ahead run (two outs)......don't think there's too many other MLB players I'd want on second with the team's potential go ahead run........

I'm so happy the Bourjos experiment ended. Trading him was Dipoto's best move.

He's still a very good player but would cringed at the thought of him coming in as a defensive replacement in CF.

Calhoun is the perfect fit and liking Cowgill in the utility role.

Edited by Troll Daddy

Gorgeous Bourjos is one of my favorite players not on the Angels. Will always be a fan of his, wish him the best, and will always be glad to see him on the field.

Guy gives it his all, he hauls ass on the bases (I think is the only guy faster than Trout), covers the outfield like a champ, would do anything for the team.

Unfortunate he no longer had a place on this team. But going to the Cardinals, he could not be with a better organization.

Here's to you Petey!

he should steal a lot more bases with his speed.

he's really not a great baserunner, amazing fielder though

it always befuddles me when i see a player with 80 speed and very little idea of how to steal a base. i can understand the player not having learned the skill, but i don't understand the organization not teaching it.

i remember back to dave roberts of red sox fame, when he was with the dodgers they hooked him up with maury wills to teach him the "art" of the stolen base. it seems crazy to me not to develop that in a player with that kind of speed.

it always befuddles me when i see a player with 80 speed and very little idea of how to steal a base. i can understand the player not having learned the skill, but i don't understand the organization not teaching it.

i remember back to dave roberts of red sox fame, when he was with the dodgers they hooked him up with maury wills to teach him the "art" of the stolen base. it seems crazy to me not to develop that in a player with that kind of speed.

Agreed.

I mean even Trout should be ruining Ricky Henderson's stolen bases record, but we don't see it happening. Is there nobody on the team to assist in giving him tips to steal? Hell, maybe there's not a guy on the Angels capable of doing it. Hate to say it, but I also think the game has changed that way. You see great base stealers on random teams, but it's just not a thing some teams are willing to do anymore. Especially on the Angels with batters behind him who have such a chance of moving him around without risking an out.

Also some guys have that instinct to read pitchers, and some don't.

But as far as Bourjos what I like with him batting, is he's got speed, and for a small guy he also has tremendous pop. Guy can hit home runs. There's also this video of him with the Angels doing a run around the bases on an inside the park home run in 14 seconds (:05-:19), which is IMO probably the most amazing and fastest sprint on a baseball field I've ever seen. Just absolutely unbelievable and they didn't even have a shot to get him at home. Don't think there's a faster baserunner out there.

http://m.mlb.com/video/v20541799/laamin-bourjos-legs-out-an-insidethepark-home-run