• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Keith Law...

DMVol

Alex (Florida)

Why are you low on Freddie Freeman? I've seen you say he is a 55. Pretty good, no?

Keith Law
  (6:00 PM)

More of a 50/55, but I wouldn't argue with 55. I get the sense there's an expectation that he's more than that, that he should be mentioned as the sidekick to Heyward. I don't see Freeman having the power required for his position.

50 = average player on the 20-80 grading scale fwiw

Awesome. The guy is not always right. We should totally write off everything he says. 

The guy is pretty high on Rondon and 3 days ago everyone on here would have been pointing out how smart he was for seeing it. 

Also if we are just cherry picking things he's said he was one saying to not get too excited about Trumbo the year he got named an all-star. People on this board were trashing him for that opinion then.

Law isn't always right but he's right far more often than a lot of baseball writers and actually uses advanced numbers to formulate opinions. He does admit when he was wrong (Sale, Freeman and Goldschmidt).

I trust Keith Law more than I trust anyone from MLB.com, Baseball Prospectus or Baseball America.  The only major prospect evaluators I put on par with him are Frankie Piliere and John Sickels.  

And Law isn't wrong on this one.  The Angels serverly overpaid and the Padres were the fortunate recipient of their desperation.  Lindsey for Street would've been an ok trade but one in which the Angels won.  Lindsey and Alvarez would've been painful but a slight win for the PAdres, which is expected at the deadline.  Lindsey, Alvarez and Rondon was a horrible price to pay and an extreme win for San Diego.  Lindsey, Alvarez, Rondon and Elliot Morris is astonishing.  

The worst trade for a relief pitcher in recent memory.  Street is going to be fantastic for the Angels and I'm really excited and thankful to have him.  I think he's special, one of the few relievers who are going to be really good well into their 30's.  But paying that price for a year and a half of him is just poor judgement on the Angels part. 

I trust Keith Law more than I trust anyone from MLB.com, Baseball Prospectus or Baseball America. The only major prospect evaluators I put on par with him are Frankie Piliere and John Sickels.

And Law isn't wrong on this one. The Angels serverly overpaid and the Padres were the fortunate recipient of their desperation. Lindsey for Street would've been an ok trade but one in which the Angels won. Lindsey and Alvarez would've been painful but a slight win for the PAdres, which is expected at the deadline. Lindsey, Alvarez and Rondon was a horrible price to pay and an extreme win for San Diego. Lindsey, Alvarez, Rondon and Elliot Morris is astonishing.

The worst trade for a relief pitcher in recent memory. Street is going to be fantastic for the Angels and I'm really excited and thankful to have him. I think he's special, one of the few relievers who are going to be really good well into their 30's. But paying that price for a year and a half of him is just poor judgement on the Angels part.

I'm not sure why people can't acknowledge this. No doubt that this trade helped us this season, but you can't really argue that we just paid a steep price for a relief pitcher. It was a shortsighted, win now trade. Attacking Keith Law won't change that.

No matter how you slice it, it was a win for the Padres, that was a great return for a RP. With that said, depending on what we do the next season and a half, it has the chance to be a win for us too. Let's hope it works out.

Edited by Turd Ferguson

I'm not sure why people can't acknowledge this. No doubt that this trade helped us this season, but you can't really argue that we just paid a steep price for a relief pitcher. It was a shortsighted, win now trade. Attacking Keith Law won't change that.

No matter how you slice it, it was a win for the Padres, that was a great return for a RP. With that said, depending on what we do the next season and a half, it has the chance to be a win for us too. Let's hope it works out.

what if none of the prospects work out? Still a win for SD?

The silliness of Law's statement about trading Rondon straight up for Street is that is not what the Padres were accepting so his opinion is not validated by what he posted on twitter.

Actually it makes perfect sense.  He would have passed on the deal.  You know, because it was a stupid trade.