• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Will Muschamp Official Countdown to Firing Thread

how about...

Gundy

Sweeney

Briles

?

Briles signed a 8 yr extension and has a 5m buyout (rumored). He's a Texan through and through only job he'll leave for is Texas or Texas A&M imo.

Dan Mullen , Rich Rodriguez, Doc Holliday 1 of those 3 are my guesses. Who knows though it's usually someone off the radar

Edited by nando714

OC Kurt Roper has 1.5m buyout.

Florida writing checks

That is because of our idiot AD handing out extensions and constantly hiring new coordinators. Kurt Roper  was the third offensive coordinator in Muschamp's four years in Gainesville, and we ran the same predictable crap no matter who the OC was. Our AD never figured out the common denominator and he kept hiring coordinators to keep Muschamp afloat. That is like Captain Smith of the Titanic sending his first officer down with a can of Flex Seal to keep them from sinking.

Tank, I'm going to pretend that you never posted a picture of Lane Kiffin and we will remain friends.

Bobby Stoops is out, so are Mike Gundy and Dan Mullen. Chip Kelly was never in (rumor started by a sports talk radio show). Brian Kelly (Notre Dame) not a candidate. Most of the talk lately has been about Dabo Swinney (Clemson) and Hugh Freeze (Ole Miss). Between the two I had rather have Freeze. Three years at Ole Miss, his team has improved record-wise each season. Beat Alabama, was within about a football length of knocking off Auburn on a play on which their star receiver broke his leg. Not reading a lot into the Arkansas game (big letdown spot for the Rebels).

Every time I read something a new coach is the "leader". As far as I am concerned there is no "leader", just whoever they are going to hire. Word is that it is unlikely that anyone from the current staff will be retained. The AD is contacting recruits to let them know that a decision is coming soon. Some reports say as early as Monday, I believe that is a little quick considering that UF cannot contact any coach until his regular season is over. For an announcement to come on Monday, the contact and agreement would have to be finalized either late Saturday or during the day on Sunday. I hope that they don't rush into a decision this important. Given the events of the past four years, the university can't afford to get this wrong a second consecutive time without risking lasting damage to the program - if that hasn't already happened.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

On his way out the door, Willie managed to add one more distinction to his resume: Only FBS coach to lose a game in which his team got four interceptions. Florida basically shut down Jameis Winston, yet the offense was so bad that they couldn't take advantage in a game that was there for the taking. A microcosm of the Muschamp years.

He was DC at Auburn once before, so that wouldn't surprise me. I have also heard that Steve Spurrier is interested in bringing him to South Carolina. Any team who keeps him well away from offensive decision making will do fine with him on staff. His philosophy of offense was what really did him in at Florida. When you sit in a state full of offensive skill players, yet your offense is consistently below #100 nationally in total yardage and scoring, and 98 percent of your plays are either handoffs or screens...

One name that has emerged in the last 24 hours as a possible successor is Jim McElwain of Colorado State. Ole Miss' Hugh Freeze is supposedly in the mix as well.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

Florida denies that anyone has an offer in front of them. Whether that is true I have no idea. The university's one-line statement:

We will have no comment on the recent multiple reports other than to say that we have made no job offers to anyone and reports claiming that are false.

At least they aren't combing the high schools like UNLV is.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan