• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

San Diego area: how to watch Angels games on TV?

We recently moved from Riverside area to Fallbrook area, which is considered Padres territory.  We have TWC which carries FSW, but Angels games are blacked out.  I subscribed to MLB Extra Innings primarily for my mom who is a serious Dbacks fan, but thinking I would also get the Angels.  I was gone yesterday, the first telecast on Extra Innings.  Noticed tonight however, the Doggies game was blacked out on Extra Innings so I'm assuming the Angels will be as well.  Big bummer.

For those of you in Padres territory, how can/do you watch Angels games on TV?

Damn Fallbrook, just below the cut off area....black out rules are ridiculous and so ancient.

You should be able to watch the games online through directv/extra innings, right? Maybe if you try using private browsing mode or an IP blocker? I know a bunch of Lakers' fans paid for league pass and then did it that way before the Lakers' channel was branched out beyond TWC.

Best of luck to you though...

Thx all...I do know about streaming but it seems spotty at times.  I believe MLB.TV is governed by the same silly blackout rules as MLB Extra Innings.  I did find this interesting blackout map (and pending litigation) while trying to figure out the blackout rules.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/mlb-blackout-policy-under-attack-in-the-courts/mlbblackoutmap-2/

This is all such stupid MLB overprotective garbage.

It's 2000 freakin' 13, why the hell can't you just subscribe to a team for $100 and watch ALL their ballgames through your TV?

Because sports networks are ponying up billions of dollars in local TV deals to keep people tied into their system. MLB will not bite the hand that is feeding them.

What they desperately need to do is base blackout rules on actual game availability, and not that silly home territory map.

This is all such stupid MLB overprotective garbage. 

It's 2000 freakin' 13, why the hell can't you just subscribe to a team for $100 and watch ALL their ballgames through your TV?

I'm pretty sure it's the cable channels and not MLB that require the blackouts.