• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cron to AAA to make room for Street

Cron is going to be a streaky hitter, just like Hamilton, just like Hunter was, just like Kendrick.  Right now he's not hitting the ball and Navarro is.  Plus it can only help the Angels to get Green's bat in the lineup.  I don't mind Cron's demotion for now.  His bat will serve as either DH or power off the bench down the home stretch. 

When they state 'sent to AAA' does that really mean that they are required to travel back to the Bees or is this more like 'stay in the hotel' until we send someone else down because you're playing in three days? 

I don't know that MLB would care unless the player complained, but unless they put someone on the DL he has to stay down for 10 days. So I would imagine he's heading to Salt Lake unless someone gets injured or "injured"

Edited by jshep

Cron is a great line drive hitter when he's hot........and, yes, he's a very streaky hitter --

didn't look that great last night.

Cron will be back up no later than Sept. 1........won't be playoff eligible unless he's called up before Sept. 1.

We need the arms right now more than a bat off the bench and a guy like Navarro can do more things (like PR) to help us right now than Cron.

I don't know that MLB would care unless the player complained, but unless they put someone on the DL he has to stay down for 10 days. So I would imagine he's heading to Salt Lake unless someone gets injured or "injured"

Didn't know about the 10 day rule. Makes sense.

I suspect that with Aybar on the mend and Cron in AAA, we'll see a healthy dose of John McDonald, which is a very Scioscia-esque move.  I'm not complaining about Johnny-Mac, I like the guy, even though he won't hit.  

But rather the Angels have this fantastic hitter in Grant Green that can play passable defense at 3B, SS, 2B, the OF and is a prime candidate for DH and yet he'll probably sit the bench and lose any grip or momentum he had on hitting the ball back in AAA because Scioscia will play the veteran every time. 

Or Scioscia will play the very good defensive player over the suspect defender that can hit. To say he's a fantastic hitter is just an exaggeration to make your argument stronger in your eyes. I will say this though, There's a bigger gap between greens hitting over McDonald than there is McDonalds glove over Green, but Scioscia has always valued defense over offense. In this game, where it will likely be a low scoring game, I put more emphasis on run prevention.